gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
February 2-3rd 2013 Clipper/Redeveloper

USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finally glancing at the surface analyses into the Atlantic/Maritimes. Geeze, the coastal is blowing up much farther east than modeled even 24 hrs ago. Eastport, ME went from a pretty decent hit on the 24 hr ECMWF forecast Saturday morning to not even a glancing blow tonight into tomorrow.

Just finally glancing at the surface analyses into the Atlantic/Maritimes. Geeze, the coastal is blowing up much farther east than modeled even 24 hrs ago. Eastport, ME went from a pretty decent hit on the 24 hr ECMWF forecast Saturday morning to not even a glancing blow tonight into tomorrow.

Yeah crazy awful by the models on this system most of the way...E MA ended up the "winners" on this...in quotes since winner means like 2-2.5" in spots. When I left Natick about 4 hours ago they had steady massive puffy flakes falling with like 1.5" already, we ended up with like 3 quarters of an inch of total feathers here in ORH....could sneeze it off the car.

Well, since this upslope is directly related to that coastal low bringing us NW winds and CAA...

this clipper/redeveloper has brought us 3-3.25" of new snow since midnight and it is still coming down.  The Mansfield effect is doing its job right now.  Groomers are reporting up to 5" on the upper mountain.

With an ocean storm so far away, its good to know it can still snow.

Whatta great day. Flew in from DC y'day and wasn't expecting anything today. Woke up to a dusting and it snowed all day. Even tho it wasn't a big storm it was still awesome! 12 hrs later I'm drinking beer and its still snowing outside. Awesome!

Sucks to be Kev!

It sure does.  I imagine he put on his jammies, made some cocoa, and watched "The Empire Strikes Back."

While my 1-3 worked out well east of ORH. From ORH west amounts ranged from 1/4-3/4 of an inch so not so good there. But I've had a great winter so only the 2 nd subpar forecast and better than some who had called for no snow

Ah well...

MASSACHUSETTS

...BRISTOL COUNTY...

TAUNTON                0.7  1200 AM  2/04  NWS OFFICE

...ESSEX COUNTY...

LYNN                   0.5  1204 AM  2/04  HAM RADIO

...MIDDLESEX COUNTY...

BEDFORD                2.0   724 PM  2/03  HAM RADIO

FRAMINGHAM             2.0  1047 PM  2/03  HAM RADIO

CARLISLE               1.2   310 AM  2/04  GENERAL PUBLIC

WAKEFIELD              1.1   820 PM  2/03  GENERAL PUBLIC

WALTHAM                1.0  1020 PM  2/03  HAM RADIO

BURLINGTON             0.8   414 PM  2/03  HAM RADIO

WESTFORD               0.5   413 PM  2/03  HAM RADIO

...NORFOLK COUNTY...

RANDOLPH               0.9  1141 PM  2/03  TRAINED SPOTTER

...SUFFOLK COUNTY...

1 N EAST BOSTON        0.6  1146 PM  2/03  AIRPORT

WINTHROP               0.6  1145 PM  2/03  TRAINED SPOTTER

...WORCESTER COUNTY...

3 WNW WORCESTER        0.7  1059 PM  2/03  GENERAL PUBLIC

While my 1-3 worked out well east of ORH. From ORH west amounts ranged from 1/4-3/4 of an inch so not so good there. But I've had a great winter so only the 2 nd subpar forecast and better than some who had called for no snow

It did?  I just drive the pike from springfield to Logan and I saw very little snow....a dusting here and there.  1-3 really?

Archived