12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 2-3rd 2013 Clipper/Redeveloper

USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rollo, fwiw...and i don't know that it's a ton...but the nested 4km nam - which had a really solid handle on the precip shield with the start of its 18z run - really blossoms this stuff as it comes south and doesn't it offshore until like 6 or 7z. grain of salt with that but something to watch as the 12z had a real nice handle on things earlier too. 

rollo, fwiw...and i don't know that it's a ton...but the nested 4km nam - which had a really solid handle on the precip shield with the start of its 18z run - really blossoms this stuff as it comes south and doesn't it offshore until like 6 or 7z. grain of salt with that but something to watch as the 12z had a real nice handle on things earlier too.

Thanks Phil. Lets hope. Lol my patience is even worse than normal today. It does look pretty good on radar and really no model had it here before 4 anyway. Just me being impatient with the radar.

LOL, what a winter.  The only real overproducer since 1/1 is an OES event with micro lows.  Cool stuff to watch though.

Poor Kevin.  He's the only one not getting in on this.

Actually the entire state of RI and CT aren't getting anything from this...and anyone west of ORH in MA isn't getting anything.

Those are some kind of gravity waves. There probably is a weak inversion causing those waves.

Yeah that's what I thought but wasn't sure... just typically think of gravity waves created by a more dynamic atmospheric disturbance, like a supercell updraft or rapidly bombing low pressure.

Yeah that's what I thought but wasn't sure... just typically think of gravity waves created by a more dynamic atmospheric disturbance, like a supercell updraft or rapidly bombing low pressure.

As long as rising air is stopped short and sinks, then rises again...you can get them. Your examples are the more strong cases for gravity waves but they occur fairly frequently.

Archived