Newest Member
    northernriwx
February 2-3rd 2013 Clipper/Redeveloper

USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As Phil said NAM has a good handle.

The stuff now with the weak meso low forming...as it pulls away winds will increase but out of the NNW and NW.  Meanwhile at 8h winds become pretty good for OES as the day goes on but with terrible surface winds it's going to be a real struggle.  NAM puts a pretty good band of snow right on the eastern PYM shoreline out to the Cape later today.  If it all comes together someone could easily see 1-3" from it...but again I'm watching nice bands of snow out over the water right now that are making dic* for progress inland :(

Round 2? When is round 1 going to hit?

Or are you talking about the one or 2 flakes that I woke up to on my lawn.

Still waiting to get a piece of the region wide 1"-3" that you promised me.

Most places received 1/4- 1/2 inch overnight with more coming. sorry if you missed out

Sometimes we know you are trolling. Other times...not so sure.

But c'mon.

As Phil said NAM has a good handle.

The stuff now with the weak meso low forming...as it pulls away winds will increase but out of the NNW and NW. Meanwhile at 8h winds become pretty good for OES as the day goes on but with terrible surface winds it's going to be a real struggle. NAM puts a pretty good band of snow right on the eastern PYM shoreline out to the Cape later today. If it all comes together someone could easily see 1-3" from it...but again I'm watching nice bands of snow out over the water right now that are making dic* for progress inland :(

These mesoscale features are always such a crap shoot.

I despise them from a forecasting perspective but enjoy them from just a plain weather perspective.

These mesoscale features are always such a crap shoot.

I despise them from a forecasting perspective but enjoy them from just a plain weather perspective.

Funny that the radar is getting obliterated right now as the stuff over the top moves NW and dies.  We'll see, it should fill back in as it slides down the coast this afternoon.  Like you said where it ends up nobody really knows.

With all of these coastals not one has aligned properly for OES.  This is as close as we come later today but we do it on a NW surface wind.  UGH.

8h winds go limp from now until about 1pm which is what we're seeing on the radar (the dying SE winds at 8h).   Just after lunch they're progged to pick up out of the NE and that should fire up the precip again pretty quickly.

Archived