northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
February 2-3rd 2013 Clipper/Redeveloper

USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which part? Most places got 1/4-1/2 inch fact.

Round 2 thus evening will determine if we get over an inch or not

Most places?  Where do you get this stuff?

A quick review would show that Cold Miser is not alone in not getting measureable snow, lol.

A quick glance at CoCoRAHS for CT/RI shows 4 reports of measurable (all 0.5" or less) and 12 reports of trace or 0.0".

So if by "most places" you mean 30%, then yes, most places did.

As the trough goes neggy we should get some differential vorticity advection causing a widespread area of light snows to fire over ENY and WNE. That combined with offshore storm extending the trough NW is what I'm counting to refire the snows. If that doesn't happen then I will have been wrong but lets wait and see if it happens first

As the trough goes neggy we should get some differential vorticity advection causing a widespread area of light snows to fire over ENY and WNE. That combined with offshore storm extending the trough NW is what I'm counting to refire the snows. If that doesn't happen then I will have been wrong but lets wait and see if it happens first

lol...seriously just stop the weenie before it sees its shadow or else it'll be 6 weeks of 5ppd.

if we had 8-12 on the ground, today would truly be among the best days that winter has to offer. steady light snow for the past hour or so in andover and because the flakes are nickel size, it looks occasionally moderate. love to have this continue all day. roads white and grass losing the green.

Heavy flurries here now.

As the trough goes neggy we should get some differential vorticity advection causing a widespread area of light snows to fire over ENY and WNE. That combined with offshore storm extending the trough NW is what I'm counting to refire the snows. If that doesn't happen then I will have been wrong but lets wait and see if it happens firstlol...seriously just stop the weenie before it sees its shadow or else it'll be 6 weeks of 5ppd.

:lol:

Did you get anything from that band that came ashore yesterday? The webcams looked pretty meager but radar looked ok

1/3 of an inch last night.  Yesterday coming back from Marconi Beach/Wellfleet we ran into some OE squalls around 2:30pm...but nothing from that. (National seashore is great this time of year- we were the only ones out there- truly majestic.)  

Bright sunny skies now.

Probably 1-3" regionwide

I've extrapolated the DGEX from last week and it looks easily like snow will regenerate once the blinding sunshine I have now initiates some convective processes and the CCB builds back from the gulf stream.

Seriously :   Arm of the cape is the favored spot, should be at least a few inches out there later.  Everyone else from coastal PYM county to the arm who knows.

Let's see if we can get 50+ pages for Feb 6

Please no---don't even start a pinned thread unless it's somehting of significance and withing 24-36 hours.

Most places?  Where do you get this stuff?

A quick review would show that Cold Miser is not alone in not getting measureable snow, lol.

A quick glance at CoCoRAHS for CT/RI shows 4 reports of measurable (all 0.5" or less) and 12 reports of trace or 0.0".

So if by "most places" you mean 30%, then yes, most places did.

I could report one of those traces.

sun trying to poke through here. here's a shot of all the snow i got overnight. crazy deep.

attachicon.gifIMG_20130203_101944.jpg

That's about 10 times the depth of my trace.

Probably 1-3" regionwide

Don't forget the lollies.

To clarify my incoherent phone post from earlier, having a nice sunny day here in GC.  Some milky sky, bur primarily blue.  Good day to finish stacking wood that had once been covered by the minor snowpack this pathetic season has offered us.  The good news is that it's less than ten months until the start of met winter.  Maybe then......................

20.3/11.

I've extrapolated the DGEX from last week and it looks easily like snow will regenerate once the blinding sunshine I have now initiates some convective processes and the CCB builds back from the gulf stream.

Seriously :   Arm of the cape is the favored spot, should be at least a few inches out there later.  Everyone else from coastal PYM county to the arm who knows.

lol, It was a joke like this whole thread has been but the elbow looked to see a decent band on the rgem

The NWS just significantly reduced the snow chances here from a 60% chance for 1" or less of snow tonight to a 20% of snowshowers.

LOL--I've gone from 40% chance of snow with accummulcations less than an inch to "mostly sunny".   My 60% chance of snow tongiht with accums less than an inch has now gone to mostly cloudy.

Archived