• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Contest - February Snowfall at DCA-IAD-BWI

Bob Chill

Maybe it's fixed for good now, but it was indisputable BWI was over-measuring snow totals... all the way back to who-knows-when. It resulted in embarrassing downward adjustment of storm totals, but LWX could only do that for one season.

They over-measured from 1998 to Feb 5-6, 2010, but only adjusted back the 09/10 winter storms.

My guess:

BWI: 3.8 inches

DCA: 1.9 inches

IAD: 3.2 inches

RIC: 0.9 inches

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

55 entries so far. I'm sure there are more coming at the last minute in case models show us some love or continue the relentless beatdown. I'm sure some members will be changing their totals too depending on lr models on the 31st.

My entry will not count in case I accidentally win. 

I encourage lurkers and first time posters. The whole reason I ponied up a prize was to maximize participation. I would love to see 100+ entries.

55 entries so far. I'm sure there are more coming at the last minute in case models show us some love or continue the relentless beatdown. I'm sure some members will be changing their totals too depending on lr models on the 31st.

My entry will not count in case I accidentally win.

I encourage lurkers and first time posters. The whole reason I ponied up a prize was to maximize participation. I would love to see 100+ entries.

Also makes for more bragging rights winning one of our biggest contests irt participation. I think its a good idea, and my initial guess I won't be changing on this one like a smaller scale contest. I'm sticking to my guns, I usually do pretty well in these.

All these people waiting to the last minute to get the "latest" info..............LOL.

All who guessed low are going to be wrong.

you're a really smart guy but you make a lot of baseless posts that make you look like a wishcaster

you're a really smart guy but you make a lot of baseless posts that make you look like a wishcaster

Or..............it could just be joking around.  That always has to be considered.  Don't you think.

And you told me I was too serious.

I'm not joking about trying to wait until the last minute to predict monthly snowfall.

But, I will tone it down.  We don't want any of the other forums accusing us of trying to have fun.

Archived