e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Late January 2013 mid-long range disco thread

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it'll all be snow/sleet and then slot.

nope

there's the first 6 hrs when it warms and precips some; then the next 6 hrs it's above freezing aloft and ground

there is a chance that there might be a brief change back to snow since the cold air comes right back in so quick after the storm

maybe that will morph into something measurable as we get closer, idk

the good news is that at day 7 things look to warm up

maybe we can shuffle the atmosphere's deck, so to speak, and get into a more favorable pattern for Zwyt's target period

nope

there's the first 6 hrs when it warms and precips some; then the next 6 hrs it's above freezing aloft and ground

there is a chance that there might be a brief change back to snow since the cold air comes right back in so quick after the storm

maybe we can shuffle the atmosphere's deck, so to speak, and get into a more favorable pattern for Zwyt's target period

Don't throw in the towel yet. Let's see how the next couple of days play out, let the models get a good handle on all of the pieces.

nope

Don't forget that cold usually hangs on longer.

why not?

it got warmer than that at DCA and imby after Christmas eve storm melting the inch+ I received earlier that morning

you guys stayed in the lower/mid 30's but it's diff here

Didn't you have a low to your se pumping in air off a fairly warm ocean at low levels? You're not going to have that this time. Are you?

why not?

it got warmer than that at DCA and imby after Christmas eve storm melting the inch+ I received earlier that morning

you guys stayed in the lower/mid 30's but it's diff here

on 12/26 after the snow we got up into the low 40's even here before midnight. Probably alot tougher to do that with this airmass, but the way things are going who knows. I would glady take a replay of that event minus the brief warm-up.

Mr. FAITH IN THE FLAKES. Lol at least he is consistent, if not correct.

i don't necessarily disagree with the idea. i think the trends today are not particularly good ones but we probably have too much faith in models that are usually wrong with details at this range.

Archived