joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE winter 2013 banter thread for the final 2/3 left

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like some very rare OES potential down here tomorrow night ahead of the next weak short wave, gfs has had it for many runs now printing measurable, as ll flow backs in off the ocean.  Flurries and snowshowers but still cool down here, a fairly rare event.

Looks like some very rare OES potential down here tomorrow night ahead of the next weak short wave, gfs has had it for many runs now printing measurable, as ll flow backs in off the ocean.  Flurries and snowshowers but still cool down here, a fairly rare event.

take what you can get this year. 

GEFS looks great long term, 7-10 days from now we'll all be singing a different tune.  ;)

Just wanted to confirm, BOS did set their futility record for snowfall last season correct?

Missed it by like 0.3" or something like that. 

Missed that one on the table, so they must sneaked past with 0.6" in March. Wow, I didn't realize just how bad of a stretch this has been. I'm complaining about my 18.5" this year and 27" last year.

Haha, I'd kill for those totals right now.  Right now we're about 13 inches under normal, hopefully we can wipe that out with one storm.

The start of Feb looks better than any Feb I can think of maybe since 2005? That does NOT mean expect a 2005 outcome..but looks dam good to start at least.

You know what is going to happen to all those systems, STRONG START, and poof just the like the rest. Just saying....or bantering, or maybe I'm just upset about what has happen thus far this winter.  :axe:

The start of Feb looks better than any Feb I can think of maybe since 2005? That does NOT mean expect a 2005 outcome..but looks dam good to start at least.

problem is like me and and Jerry saying the month period from the 20 th on looked great is that people end up saying you said it would be epic when that's not we said at all. Whenever someone says the pattern is looking good, folks automatically think its you saying big snows, just the way it is and it's not just non pros.

problem is like me and and Jerry saying the month period from the 20 th on looked great is that people end up saying you said it would be epic when that's not we said at all. Whenever someone says the pattern is looking good, folks automatically think its you saying big snows, just the way it is and it's not just non pros.

Not all pattern changes are created equally and most people understand that.  This pattern has had plenty of chances but we're not able to get any real blocking and that's making it tough.  We only need a buckle for a few days before a couple of systems will pile up.

Missed it by like 0.3" or something like that. 

Haha, I'd kill for those totals right now.  Right now we're about 13 inches under normal, hopefully we can wipe that out with one storm.

Isn't Logan at 7.4"? It sounds like they under measure though from what some of you guys have said. I'm sure being right on the ocean doesn't help their cause either.

Isn't Logan at 7.4"? It sounds like they under measure though from what some of you guys have said. I'm sure being right on the ocean doesn't help their cause either.

Correct.  I'm near Fenway so I don't think it's far enough from Logan to make much of a difference.  Maybe I'm at around 8," but it doesn't really matter because most of what I've had this year has been washed or melted away shortly thereafter. 

Discouraging to suddenly notice it's getting light  when I go up to wake my wife in the mornings.  The sun's inexorable march northward is evident.

1.5/-12

I'm happy to have more sun.  Soon solar energy will start warming the inside of our cars!  Any signs of when this persistent cold will start to break? I know we are expecting a relaxation next week with the rainy cutter, but then we go cold thereafter.  

Are we thinking mid-late Feb for the break to more 40s/50s consistently?  Hopefully Morch lives up to its name and then we can glide into the spring season!

P.S. - only about 2 more weeks until BOS can start seriously rooting for the futility record again.  Crazy!

Archived