joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE winter 2013 banter thread for the final 2/3 left

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's pretty sad for northern Connecticut with 750' elevation in mid-January. Definitely not "deep snowpack" or 93-94 right there. This month has been a full-blown torch, let's face it, and it's becoming increasingly depressing. If we mix on Friday after having -25C 850s, that's going to be even more depressing. Just a totally rotten winter for most. Average snowfall at my location but horrible temperatures. 

Nate, you're losing context. Even me, the biggest 1993-94 weenie around said warm till 1/18 ish around 1/4. I'm off by a few days because the mauler went way north. 200 miles further south and we'd be dancing (maybe not you). There is a credible threat Tuesday, a more widespread moderate to heavy snow threat Friday in a pattern of overrunning....hmmmmwnder which winter had that were pike area snowed and NYC mixed?

Nate, you're losing context. Even me, the biggest 1993-94 weenie around said warm till 1/18 ish around 1/4. I'm off by a few days because the mauler went way north. 200 miles further south and we'd be dancing (maybe not you). There is a credible threat Tuesday, a more widespread moderate to heavy snow threat Friday in a pattern of overrunning....hmmmmwnder which winter had that were pike area snowed and NYC mixed?

Nate's got 99 Problems..Socks ain't 1

You have a great street for holding snow Kevin. Wooded area with not much direct sun in the hert if winter.

Yup this area of town is great at retention as long as we don't have the massacre we had last Sunday/monday.

As we get later into Feb though..as the sun gets higher the south side yards start to take a hit as the sun strengthens

Folks doubt the power of woods, trees and indirect sunlight..proof is in the pudding with temps and pack

Tolland miracle. Completely bare here (a few patches/piles).

Wow thats awful. I probably have full cover at home considering Kevin does and I still had about 50-60% cover from the old snow before the torch...though I'm in NJ right now...not back until tomorrow afternoon.

Archived