joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE winter 2013 banter thread for the final 2/3 left

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You seem as bullish as I've seen you in 2 years.

I should be careful with my wording...it may come back to haunt me lol.

Well I should clarify snow is the most voodoo of all to forecast. Temps are one thing, but snowfall is so much harder to figure out. I just think it looks good on paper. I can't say with any accuracy if it means a lot of snow or just normal climo. But, after mid week next week...I think it looks pretty good.

What I would take out of this is basically is a little less cold, but increased storm chances. Could be anything...even tainters.

I should be careful with my wording...it may come back to haunt me lol.

Well I should clarify snow is the most voodoo of all to forecast. Temps are one thing, but snowfall is so much harder to figure out. I just think it looks good on paper. I can't say with any accuracy if it means a lot of snow or just normal climo. But, after mid week next week...I think it looks pretty good.

What I would take out of this is basically is a little less cold, but increased storm chances. Could be anything...even tainters.

I'd take them. Btw.,,,,I am pretty sure I was the first one to describe the mixing process as taint.m and now it's in the lexicon like dead ratter. If only I could predict the weather.....

halfway through winter, and sitting on 21.5" ytd. this has definitely been a suck winter. not quite as sucky as last winter at this point, but pretty close. i had 15" at this point last year, not including the october snow bomb. color me displeased

Looks like we can still keep any torch south of us as modelling wants to try and sneak that mid week low south like Phil, and Scooter said might happen yesterday. Ice potential is there

stuff lifting north into the lakes looks stronger than it did yesterday so it would almost certainly yield at least 1, if not 2, mild days mid-week. we may have a wave run along a boundary for a time mon or tue to keep things away for 24 hours but i think it's hard to avoid at least 24-36 hours of pretty "warm" stuff 

stuff lifting north into the lakes looks stronger than it did yesterday so it would almost certainly yield at least 1, if not 2, mild days mid-week. we may have a wave run along a boundary for a time mon or tue to keep things away for 24 hours but i think it's hard to avoid at least 24-36 hours of pretty "warm" stuff 

Yeah I'm aboard the torch train for at least a day next week. Which is fine...I have nothing to melt..lol.

Yeah we're going to torch for one day...going to be hard to avoid that at this point. We go into the freezer again though pretty quickly. The pattern looks really good once again...hopefully we'll stop rolling snake eyes though this time.

For temps, there is growing ensemble support for a really cold outbreak in early February. It would be nice to lay down some fresh snow during that time.

yeah the comming cold could rival the cold with this outbreak.  But the modeled PV looks slightly further west in the coming pattern...along with slightly lower heights in the SE.

This pattern leaves me a bit snake bitten to think it's going to be much better...but it would almost have to be.

Further west PV would quell my Jan 2004 concerns.

Hopefully we'll finally get some potent systems to move into this airmass.

Archived