Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE winter 2013 banter thread for the final 2/3 left

Ginx snewx

It is surprising more of the regulars here haven't donated

Donating is not a prerequisite to be a member here but any donation is appreciated.  This place is not perfect but I think it's a pretty damn close to being the best place where one can interact with some of the most knowledgeable people in the field and learn something.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I'm officially put off by the winter of 2012-2013.  Yup, I'm done.   If it we ridge bombed the east into the 50s and 60s and a February spring, I'd be just fine with it.  

There's just been too much poison administered by the pattern, and it really at times seems that it's been a creative process in doing so.   At some point, the milk is just too soured to maintain any interest.  

Not that my opinion counts for much ... and it doesn't, it's just one person's reflection of the times, and they suck beyond the dreams of lemon turds.   It's so utterly futile even for someone emotionally disconnected from this to want to follow events for pure intellectual muse - because there's just nothing interesting enough about ...well, nothing.  It's tough to do that when WHAT permutations arise are always deconstructing potential - that in its self makes this particularly frustrating and well, off-putting...  It's like, if the "winter" had a physical being, you could think of no better candidate to be told to go f its self.   

I'm done.  I'd rather the warmth return.  Gardening, TCUs, babes sitting with their legs crossed in taverns that are open to the street, long bike rides, low heating bills.  Bring it on, chalk this year up to the failure, and move onto 2013-2014 with a fresh perspective.   

2 straws really that broke this Met's will this day:

1)  the 288 panel of the 12z operational GFS;  compare it to the 00z operational GFS' 96 hour from last night?   0 difference, which means, the background pattern won't change until almost the middle of February??  IF that's the case - one cannot logically conclude that it will storm the way the stat wants. 

2)  the stratospheric warming event was beautiful.  It verified wonderfully as a propagation event, too, showing the classic slope-out upon reaching the tropopause.  The AO should be in decline as the suppression of the PV domain yields to the exertion.   So what does the 21 member GFS do?   The opposite.  Unreal.  

Usually I'm checking out in the ides of Feb, some years that show promise ... the ides of March.  But these kind of negative odd-ball fractals about the pattern et al are enough.  wow. 

I guess I'm officially put off by the winter of 2012-2013.  Yup, I'm done.   If it we ridge bombed the east into the 50s and 60s and a February spring, I'd be just fine with it.  

There's just been too much poison administered by the pattern, and it really at times seems that it's been a creative process in doing so.   At some point, the milk is just too soured to maintain any interest.  

Not that my opinion counts for much ... and it doesn't, it's just one person's reflection of the times, and they suck beyond the dreams of lemon turds.   It's so utterly futile even for someone emotionally disconnected from this to want to follow events for pure intellectual muse - because there's just nothing interesting enough about ...well, nothing.  It's tough to do that when WHAT permutations arise are always deconstructing potential - that in its self makes this particularly frustrating and well, off-putting...  It's like, if the "winter" had a physical being, you could think of no better candidate to be told to go f its self.   

I'm done.  I'd rather the warmth return.  Gardening, TCUs, babes sitting with their legs crossed in taverns that are open to the street, long bike rides, low heating bills.  Bring it on, chalk this year up to the failure, and move onto 2013-2014 with a fresh perspective.   

1)  the 288 panel of the 12z operational GFS;  compare it to the 00z operational GFS' 96 hour from last night?   0 difference, which means, the background pattern won't change until almost the middle of February??  IF that's the case - one cannot logically conclude that it will storm the way the stat wants. 

2)  the stratospheric warming event was beautiful.  It verified wonderfully as a propagation event, too, showing the classic slope-out upon reaching the tropopause.  The AO should be in decline as the suppression of the PV domain yields to the exertion.   So what does the 21 member GFS do?   The opposite.  Unreal.  

Usually I'm checking out in the ides of Feb, some years that show promise ... the ides of March.  But these kind of negative odd-ball fractals about the pattern et al is enough.  wow. 

Those who let emotions get the better of them in this field fail to truely appreciate the beauty of this weather pattern.

Usually I'm checking out in the ides of Feb, some years that show promise ... the ides of March.  But these kind of negative odd-ball fractals about the pattern et al are enough.  wow. 

you shouldn't get so emotionally invested in the weather. 

you shouldn't get so emotionally invested in the weather. 

Nah, that was very constructive and cerebral in nature.   It may conjure less than the best in people's minds, but like I said, my opinion doesn't count for much and it's just how I'm reflecting on things.  

I don't see much beyond futility in following things at this point.   

And no, Will, there's nothing remarkable about this pattern - nice try, HA

And for those of you that may feel adversarial about that post, you need to write these two passages over 100 times:

"1)  the 288 panel of the 12z operational GFS;  compare it to the 00z operational GFS' 96 hour from last night?   0 difference, which means, the background pattern won't change until almost the middle of February??  IF that's the case - one cannot logically conclude that it will storm the way the stat wants. 

2)  the stratospheric warming event was beautiful.  It verified wonderfully as a propagation event, too, showing the classic slope-out upon reaching the tropopause.  The AO should be in decline as the suppression of the PV domain yields to the exertion.   So what does the 21 member GFS do?   The opposite."

yeah i was thinking about that. monday would still be cold...tuesday would just be an ugly day.

that trends any flatter...it's a snow event :lol:

lol i know

worth watching for sure.

How funny would that be if tomorrow night's storm produces nothing and Tuesday's torch gives snow. 

Archived