• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE winter 2013 banter thread for the final 2/3 left

Ginx snewx

Well like I said...it may be a yo-yo. Just saying what the models show. Personally, I think it will be a little warmer than normal, but who's to say we can't have a good 1-2 week period? However don't put me in the camp of March never snowing again like Kevin is.

Hey wth heck is the GFS doing day 6-7, I mean ????

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No way you've already moved forward to girls with legs open facing twds the street at outdoor restaurant weather

Would it have helped if I kaboosed that statement with "for those of you still holding out"?  

i don't realy give a rat's arse - just sayin'

Folks happy with cold and dry.... Ice skaters, Ice fisherman, snowmakers. Deep cold with minimum snow cover causes deep frost, hopefully kills every Tick known to exist. On the other hand, pipes, snowlovers and warministas share a common bond, subject to bursting.

The tick issue is big and I'm glad you brought it up. Lyme was pretty rampant this past summer thanks to a very warm winter and lots of ticks surviving. Safe to say this regime is nuking them.

The tick issue is big and I'm glad you brought it up. Lyme was pretty rampant this past summer thanks to a very warm winter and lots of ticks surviving. Safe to say this regime is nuking them.

They just found another tick born disease on Nantucket.  First time confirmed in the US.  We were pulling ticks off a week ago during the mild up inferno.

This was desperately needed for the pests though.  Bugs, moths, critters of all types are dying away as are winter weather weenies with each passing day of high cirrus and ball bag retracting cold.

i had to replace my mailbox last week. Underneath it were some yellow jackets, a dozen or so. they were barely alive, but they were wiggling. i was surprised, but it hasn't been all that cold prior to this week.

Folks happy with cold and dry.... Ice skaters, Ice fisherman, snowmakers. Deep cold with minimum snow cover causes deep frost, hopefully kills every Tick known to exist. On the other hand, pipes, snowlovers and warministas share a common bond, subject to bursting.

it should be cold in the winter.  lakes frozen. wussies cryin to mama's about cold. And that's when i smile and say "it's actully kinda nice out"

if we get a nice late jan rain storm lolz i'm past the point of thinking this winter will amount to jack wrt to snow, so i hope it just gets cold afterward.  

the funny thing is for such a crap winter last year at least there was a period with 3 small snow events at the end of the 3'rd week in january. (basically) a 7 day winter lol. So far this year i've had a nov 7 2.5 inch snow fall.  dec 29 barely held the rain line off and got 5"  a few half inches here there and everywhere and i'm sitting at about an inch BELOW last season at this time. Think i finish'd with about 16.5 in wakefield last year.  and maybe 9 in cambridge, ma.  this year 10 in wakefield, mass maybe 7 in cambridge, year to date.  it's actually pretty funny. I'm just glad this year we have a bit more cold.  I'm hoping we can get back to neutral for january MTD.

the 18z gfs is a real depressing way to end jan and start feb.

it should be cold in the winter.  lakes frozen. wussies cryin to mama's about cold. And that's when i smile and say "it's actully kinda nice out"

if we get a nice late jan rain storm lolz i'm past the point of thinking this winter will amount to jack wrt to snow, so i hope it just gets cold afterward.  

the funny thing is for such a crap winter last year at least there was a period with 3 small snow events at the end of the 3'rd week in january. (basically) a 7 day winter lol. So far this year i've had a nov 7 2.5 inch snow fall.  dec 29 barely held the rain line off and got 5"  a few half inches here there and everywhere and i'm sitting at about an inch BELOW last season at this time. Think i finish'd with about 16.5 in wakefield last year.  and maybe 9 in cambridge, ma.  this year 10 in wakefield, mass maybe 7 in cambridge, year to date.  it's actually pretty funny. I'm just glad this year we have a bit more cold.  I'm hoping we can get back to neutral for january MTD.

the 18z gfs is a real depressing way to end jan and start feb.

Don't give up on the post frontal wave.  It may not produce for all of us but I think it has a shot.

The deal around the 5th-7th is probably a solid signal too but we'll see where it ends up.  Other than that and some minor stuff...

parts of the mid atlantic over performed last night especially closer to the water, perhaps we will get lucky tomorrow night or monday night.  Mother Nature usually has a way of surprising us when we least expect it.

yes just when u think it can't get crappier, she finds innovative new ways to shaft us

Archived