joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE winter 2013 banter thread for the final 2/3 left

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we all know the caveats. There is Also early next week light snow possibly. Just saying this date has support . Just something to keep on the back burner .

I agree the date has support, aside of the post frontal thing and maybe whatever Monday - Tuesday turns into it's all we've got.  The unfortunate part is it's 10 days away.

The euro ensembles sort of cutoff the low off of SOCAL and heights rise over the PAC NW, The result id the warm weather getting pinched off. Kind of a big change to see 5 days out, but I;m sure the SW cutoff has something to do with it. Lets hope it is right. That can easily come back again at 00z if the energy gets ejected into the SW US.

I was wondering if someone could give a brief laymans explanation of a triple point low. I've heard the term used several times over the years but don't know what it means exactly. Trying to get caught up on my meteorlogical terms during these slow times...lol. Is it when a low forms on a warm front which limits warm air intrusion? Some kind of occlusion, or am I way off base? Thanks

I was wondering if someone could give a brief laymans explanation of a triple point low. I've heard the term used several times over the years but don't know what it means exactly. Trying to get caught up on my meteorlogical terms during these slow times...lol. Is it when a low forms on a warm front which limits warm air intrusion? Some kind of occlusion, or am I way off base? Thanks

Check it out.

http://theweatherprediction.com/habyhints2/530/

Yeah. Nothing much more you can add. I almost hate mentioning or because everyone complains about day 10 stuff, but just saying.

I'm sure eduggs will remember this exchange and punish you for it come 2/4. lol.

Seriously though we should have some chances. We've just been robbed at the craps table over the past 3 weeks with a pattern that really was on the verge of delivering (sorry nzucker) and we just crapped out with ill-timed shortwaves. 

The MJO means business and we are in a generally favorable Pacific regime for east coast troughiness through 2/15 I think. It may be an early Morch though so let's try to cash in while we can. 

I'm sure eduggs will remember this exchange and punish you for it come 2/4. lol.

Seriously though we should have some chances. We've just been robbed at the craps table over the past 3 weeks with a pattern that really was on the verge of delivering (sorry nzucker) and we just crapped out with ill-timed shortwaves.

The MJO means business and we are in a generally favorable Pacific regime for east coast troughiness through 2/15 I think. It may be an early Morch though so let's try to cash in while we can.

Yeah I remain optimistic for Feb. If I'm wrong eduggs can harass me all he wants.

Next week has the look of a mess for the far interior at least. Even taking the normal GFS resolution into account...it still has an icy look. The GFS and Euro are night and day and one does have to think about euro cutoff bias near CA. However, that was hypothesized a couple of weeks ago and it turned out to be correct so who knows. Verbatim most of us get a little snow or ice anyways it seems.

Lol Shabbs

Next week has the look of a mess for the far interior at least. Even taking the normal GFS resolution into account...it still has an icy look. The GFS and Euro are night and day and one does have to think about euro cutoff bias near CA. However, that was hypothesized a couple of weeks ago and it turned out to be correct so who knows. Verbatim most of us get a little snow or ice anyways it seems.

Nice We will take heavy ice inland

I am going to harass the crap out of you though if Morch turns into a prolific month

Well like I said...it may be a yo-yo. Just saying what the models show. Personally, I think it will be a little warmer than normal, but who's to say we can't have a good 1-2 week period? However don't put me in the camp of March never snowing again like Kevin is.

Archived