• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE winter 2013 banter thread for the final 2/3 left

Ginx snewx

yes just when u think it can't get crappier, she finds innovative new ways to shaft us
yes just when u think it can't get crappier, she finds innovative new ways to shaft us

Go into February expecting the same and at least you won't be disappointed and perhaps surprised instead. I don't expect much of a change but am hopefull as the pv spins down we will have more opportunities.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't give up on the post frontal wave.  It may not produce for all of us but I think it has a shot.

The deal around the 5th-7th is probably a solid signal too but we'll see where it ends up.  Other than that and some minor stuff...

We love the 18z GFS... that looks like a pretty nice run overall.  Post frontal wave, cold, snow chances after the brief 2 day thaw next week.

One can dream... rain changing to a pasting heavy wet snow.  But look at that thermal gradient... +10C H85 in eastern New England with -10C back across western NY.

gfs_namer_168_850_temp_mslp_precip.gif

My apologies to Johnny Lang

Sublimation Blues

My friends and I like to play out in the snow

We'd do not want to stay inside a warm house and watch TV

Or play checkers, monopoly

Any game you wanna play

They all sound boring to me

Sublimation blues (I've got those blues)

Sublimation blues (I've got to shake those blues)

You got nothing to lose except your sublimation blues

There's no need to frown when your skies are clear

Oh you can have fun on a sunny day

Your friends can help you send your blues away

Your imagination can take you very far

Be anything you want to, no matter who you are

Sublimation blues (I've got those blues)

Sublimation blues (I've got to shake those blues)

You got nothing to lose except your sublimation blues

I turn on my TV, along came the news

The weatherman's singing the sublimation blues

But it's all right, it's all right, it's all right, it's all right

I'm gonna turn up the music

And dance my blues away

I got those clear skies low dew point snow vanishing snot freezing shocking dry eye worse than rain, sublimating bluuuues.

I love the ebb and flow of Fukishima day in SNE. It builds to a crescendo then relaxes then one person meltdowns and it's a chain reaction. LOL

The funny part is people get into this bizarre depression when there are no snowstorms on the long range guidance....yet when they do appear on long range guidance, they just point to the times they haven't worked out. :lol:

Its pretty much a guaranteed b**chfest until a foot of snow actually falls out ofthe sky.

We love the 18z GFS... that looks like a pretty nice run overall.  Post frontal wave, cold, snow chances after the brief 2 day thaw next week.

One can dream... rain changing to a pasting heavy wet snow.  But look at that thermal gradient... +10C H85 in eastern New England with -10C back across western NY.

gfs_namer_168_850_temp_mslp_precip.gif

that is literally exactly what it originally showed for today's storm last week

I can get an old run of the GFS to confirm

this winter sux up and down the east coast

The funny part is people get into this bizarre depression when there are no snowstorms on the long range guidance....yet when they do appear on long range guidance, they just point to the times they haven't worked out. :lol:

Its pretty much a guaranteed b**chfest until a foot of snow actually falls out ofthe sky.

And then bitching because some guy 2 towns away got 19.

i think some weenies like Scooter would be happy with an inch at this point. Hopefully the forecasts of 1-2 for all work out tomorrow nite..and we stay cold next week with a snow to ice event Monday night/Tuesday

Archived