joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE winter 2013 banter thread for the final 2/3 left

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feels like average to slightly below winter so far in these parts snow wise.  About 25" has me a little less than halfway to season average.  Temps sure could be colder, only one below zero reading so far. 

Constant snow cover here since Dec 27th storm with about 6-7" otg currenty. 12/27 dropped almost 11" here, first double digit since 10/29/11.  Relative to other parts of the E.C.  I have no right to b*tch about winter sucking.

Hoping for at least one or two significant storms in the next month.

Feels like average to slightly below winter so far in these parts snow wise.  About 25" has me a little less than halfway to season average.  Temps sure could be colder, only one below zero reading so far. 

Constant snow cover here since Dec 27th storm with about 6-7" otg currenty. 12/27 dropped almost 11" here, first double digit since 10/29/11.  Relative to other parts of the E.C.  I have no right to b*tch about winter sucking.

Hoping for at least one or two significant storms in the next month.

Yea  me too, if we can avoid prolonged torches and throw a good storm in here and there that will be cool. 

Going to be a long winter if we are only 1/3rd done with it on January 17th. It is the halfway point of met winter though.

I am not a Met although I slept with one once, the upslope on her mountains was perfect. I grew up with winter starting Dec 21 and ending March 21, most seasons followed along.

There is still a signal 1/21-1/22. Most everything is east but we're in the range we can start seeing a tick back west if we're lucky. 

Yeah right now it keeps showing inverted trough light snows over most of SNE...but there's still ome potential in that setup. Get a nice piece of energy diving down in that a pinch stronger than shown and it could blow up.

Yeah I thought the same exact thing. The models up until this euro were actually trending more SWFE.

The antecedent airmass ahead of that system is really good. Even on the Euro solution, it takes a lot of work to erode that airmass. Euro kind of went nuts with the phase (shocking at D7-8, I know) there, but even at 192 with a low going into the UP Michigan, the 850 temps at BOS are like -8C, lol.

Archived