joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE winter 2013 banter thread for the final 2/3 left

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

might prove to be nothing, but still optimistic for 1/22 time period. maybe just an inverted trough but still think that's a good period to watch...especially for folks along the coast from the Cape to Bos etc.

at this point I hope we get a synoptic snowstorm...for a week that had such potential on the LES front..it's looking rather bleh.

might prove to be nothing, but still optimistic for 1/22 time period. maybe just an inverted trough but still think that's a good period to watch...especially for folks along the coast from the Cape to Bos etc.

We might do okay on that one, esp if the PV is shown too far south on the GFS but I can't see it being much in a regionwide type of deal.

The winter of 100 socks.

We might do okay on that one, esp if the PV is shown too far south on the GFS but I can't see it being much in a regionwide type of deal.

The winter of 100 socks.

Some may call me crazy, but (at this point), I would rather have last winter over this one.  At least last year we knew we didn't have a chance.  Now we have nice setups and still can't produce.  I will probably go another 2 weeks between measurable snows again.  

BTW...about a quarter of yesterday's 3" melted today with highs in the low 40s.  

Some may call me crazy, but (at this point), I would rather have last winter over this one. At least last year we knew we didn't have a chance. Now we have nice setups and still can't produce. I will probably go another 2 weeks between measurable snows again.

I feel like one of two things happens, either we get the rest of our snow from fairly average snowfall events in the coming weeks, or we just end up with one big a$$ system that obliterates followed by little events to finish up the season.

I feel like one of two things happens, either we get the rest of our snow from fairly average snowfall events in the coming weeks, or we just end up with one big a$$ system that obliterates followed by little events to finish up the season.

I actually change my mind.  Screw last winter.  I'd rather fast forward to longer, warmer days and spring at this point.  At least these horrible extended periods of a few snowless years will make it much more sweet once the snows return.  

Yeah there's always the seesaw, have a couple crappy years followed by a couple epic ones. And then of course we have the always disappointing severe wx season. Oh and when us coastal folks wish and hope hard enough there's the infrequent region-crippling hurricane lol.

Really though with the pretty much 4 month break I'll be getting at the end of the semester hopefully there's at least *some* entertaining wx.

Some may call me crazy, but (at this point), I would rather have last winter over this one.  At least last year we knew we didn't have a chance.  Now we have nice setups and still can't produce.  I will probably go another 2 weeks between measurable snows again.  

BTW...about a quarter of yesterday's 3" melted today with highs in the low 40s.  

But this isn't a nice setup...it's a grazer punctuated by clippers that run north of us pattern.  It's cold if that's your thing...but nice for region wide snowstorms no through 7-10.  We've got some grazers, we've cut some clippers and maybe a SWFE that hoses the coastal plain again.  Good stuff.  I hope that there's a shot at one of these breaking good, IE everything dips just right for a serious snowstorm.  It could happen, we can hope.

All IMO.

Saturday mild up with clipper

Cold

Grazer ocean low

Cutter that may be a SWFE type dirty deal

cold

clipper that probably breaks warm

cold

100 socks.

EDIT:  That's all per the GFS, specific to it.  I wouldn't call what it has as a good pattern.

I think someone will see a decent snow out of that.   Maybe some oeh?

This here's a jam for all the fellas

Trying to what the euro tells us

Get shot down because your forecast overzealous

Wishcast hard to get the weenies jealous

Ok Blizzy go into a tizzy

Trying to tell us 1-3" for shizzy

Tippy sees a girl and he wants to sex her

But he's standing by the wall like e was poindexter.

At the next day's function, euro discussed at luncheon

Weenies at the table stone cold muncheon

12z euro comes in weenies start to dance

6-12" next week gives them a ridge in their pants

A girl starts walking, Tip starts gawking

Sits down next to Ray and he starts talking

Says she wants to dance and likes to groove

Ray in his snow panties busts a move.

I think someone will see a decent snow out of that. Maybe some oeh?

Yeah it's the one to watch now that last night is over

This here's a jam for all the fellas

Trying to what the euro tells us

Get shot down because your forecast overzealous

Wishcast hard to get the weenies jealous

Ok Blizzy go into a tizzy

Trying to tell us 1-3" for shizzy

Tippy sees a girl and he wants to sex her

But he's standing by the wall like e was poindexter.

At the next day's function, euro discussed at luncheon

Weenies at the table stone cold muncheon

12z euro comes in weenies start to dance

6-12" next week gives them a ridge in their pants

A girl starts walking, Tip starts gawking

Sits down next to Ray and he starts talking

Says she wants to dance and likes to groove

Ray in his snow panties busts a move.

First rate! :thumbsup:

Archived