12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Jan 17-18th disco thread--1st big threat of the year

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if its a graphics issue or what, but the maps on Allens site and the NCEP don't line up with the precip on the northern extent.  I don't think that's really important, doubt they are that precisely correct anyway, but they are different.

I think Allen's is mapped to a 40 km grid while the NCEP site has higher resolution than that. 

I mentioned this morning that this was ;looking more and more like 1/25/00 in the way the models were depicting it and the evolution

Not really, that was a SW that dove in from the PAC nw, this is a good ole SW ULL-- there was a mega band that formed and moved NW-- this mega band is going to form and collapse SE. 

that's why I think for a forecast you offer a couple of different scenarios as the SREFS also have some decent members.  The gradient is going to be really tight which always raises questions.  What did the Euro do last night?  Did it give us anything?

Wes, the .05 qpf line intersects right through the district.

Not really, that was a SW that dove in from the PAC nw, this is a good ole SW ULL-- there was a mega band that formed and moved NW-- this mega band is going to form and collapse SE. 

that's why I said more and more, and not exact

it's not going to reach that magnitude up here (14.9" at BWI) but during the height the general precip shield will be similar to the one Matt posted imho

hey, we'll see decent accum to get this monkey off our backs    :)

not only that but temp profiles on the NAM are probably way too cold....it is a bad model and more often than not it will f-u-ck us over

i'd roll the dice with the setup. it's mid january. bet cold.

that's why I think for a forecast you offer a couple of different scenarios as the SREFS also have some decent members.  The gradient is going to be really tight which always raises questions.  What did the Euro do last night?  Did it give us anything? 

At what point does the SREF take over for accuracy when getting closer to the storm? 24 hours?

not great....typical on average

the start will likely be light rain and will change to snow once heavier echoes are overhead

Got it.  Thanks!  Really hoping this pans out.  Can't take the frustration, though I'm preaching to the choir here I know. Anyway, looks good so far.  My weenie fingers are crossed.  ;-)

Even with the stronger ULL, with the extreme banding, somone will get screwed. (Maybe me..)

It forms that mega band and pulls it back towards the ULL/SLP-- So, while I expect my area to do well, 3-6 east of BR, 6-10 west, there's going to be a few sad faces. 

Archived