Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 17-18th disco thread--1st big threat of the year

Midlo Snow Maker

boy I'd hate to come so close only for us to miss it to the south

that would be pure evil

you're probably best not trying to find the qpf map.. but it did come north and the 500 low is stronger

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:huh:

are we looking at the same run?

Yeah this might not even give DCA a trace...by the time its cold enough both at the sfc and aloft, its almost done with what little precip falls. There's a small area in VA that may get some accumulations this run. But Euro has a lot of work to get looking better like the NAM/GFS.

Yeah this might not even give DCA a trace...by the time its cold enough both at the sfc and aloft, its almost done with what little precip falls. There's a small area in VA that may get some accumulations this run. But Euro has a lot of work to get looking better like the NAM/GFS.

With all do respect ORH, the euro hasn't been smacking any home runs lately, and in some of the storms with the last minute trends, it hasn't been the first to catch on. I mean it could be right, but I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket. 

With all do respect ORH, the euro hasn't been smacking any home runs lately, and in some of the storms with the last minute trends, it hasn't been the first to catch on. I mean it could be right, but I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket. 

He didn't say he thought the Euro would happen though! He just analyzed this run. 

I wasn't speculating whether it was correct or not, just stating what it showed. Its still the best model by verification in qpf at 48h despite it not being great recently...though the GFS has been giving it a run for its money in the past 30 days on verificaiton scores in QPF.

I wasn't speculating whether it was correct or not, just stating what it showed. Its still the best model by verification in qpf at 48h despite it not being great recently...though the GFS has been giving it a run for its money in the past 30 days on verificaiton scores in QPF.

Sorry to make it seem like thats what you were expecting, I get where you're coming from. I would weigh them equally, and overall I like the trend, mitchnick's posts say it all about the ninaish north trend. 

Good luck with it. :)  This current one kept trending north for quite awhile..until inside the last 24 hours.  

An aside, I have a relative with a farm at 3K feet in Floyd County, VA and he may get a lot.

I think our hope lies in tonight's system leaving a boundary behind that it can develop on better than w/o it as well as be a ready made source of moisture

north trends in NINA type years (this week's ENSO 3.4 is -.6C by the way) persist often up to the very end so I'm in

Archived