• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Thread specifically for Jan 6 Poss snow event

Damage In Tolland

Beautiful light snow this morning with calm winds below 2,500ft.

A few tenths down. This is something like 20 of 22 days with at least a dusting and 18 of 22 with 1" or greater in the previous 24 hour period at 6am.

I can't believe what a pattern switch we've seen for the past 3 weeks. They started plowing up at the ski area with pickup trucks a few weeks ago, and now when I arrive in the morning they are using chained dump trucks the size of suburban garages to clear the snow.

Every morning, just the sight of a lazy yellow light on top of the trucks illuminating the falling snow and the sound of scraping metal on pavement.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heavy coating here...maybe 3/4" eyeballing it.  Enough for me to hear a plow go by this morning, lol   21

Were they plowing or sanding?  Maybe 0.5" here, but it is rather slippery. Icy spots covered with the powdery snow, almost took a header getting the paper from the mailbox.

Looks nice on the trees though

Were they plowing or sanding?  Maybe 0.5" here, but it is rather slippery. Icy spots covered with the powdery snow, almost took a header getting the paper from the mailbox.

Looks nice on the trees though

Plowing...heavy sparkage.  I live on a state road and I think they like to try sharpening their plow blades on the pavement at times.  I was still in bed when I heard it go by, and I thought for a second that it might be legit...but no, another morning of blade sharpening :axe:

Archived