• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Christmas Special - Prelude to a high impact event?

Bob Chill

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find the 4" report in Eldersburg a bit hard to believe, but you never know. Manchester reported 2" at the same time frame.

I enjoy driving in the snow...the Tahoe on Michelin all terrains doesn't skip a beat unless the roads are ice covered.

That report is bs there is always one person who reports huge amounts in Eldersburg. It's more like 2 inches here.

Enjoyed watching dual pol .. Fun to see the rain snow line so easily tho the bright banding was a good indicator of the general area.

I guess I didn't really miss anything at least.

Here's to more DC rain on Wed. ;)

I just measured 3"'on my deck railing. That depth seems pretty consistent throughout my yard. (north MoCo) About 2 hours ago when the fluff factor was still in full effect, it may have been a touch over 3" here. My yard is almost 800' elevation. Either elevation was a factor here, or I got under a really good band.

What a great few days for me. Left Saturday and went to snowshoe, wv, had over a foot of new snow and blowing snow all over the place. Left late last night, went to Lewisburg, wv, had a feezing rain advisory, then went to rain, then got to Harrisonburg, VA and the snow got worse and worse further north. Left Harrisonburg at 345pm and got home around 7pm. 81 was treacherous and 7 was even worse. Cars all over the road on 81. 7 west was closed at the bottom of mt weather due to a Fedex truck stuck on 7 and an accident. So traffic was bad on 7 east since everyone was being turned around. Got home, 2" of gorgeous snow here. Took my two huskies for a walk around the neighborhood and checked out the lights. Dogs loved it as did I. Good to be home and one of the best Christmas Eve's in a long time.

Time to go thru my pics now and relax.

Merry Christmas to all!!!!1

Where in Frederick are you?

We got considerably more than you in Spring Ridge.

I live a few miles NW of downtown..

What is your elevation? The heaviest of the bands were east of us in the valley, and more towards you and Mt. Airy. There were some spots with 2.5-2.7" in the grass, but I just used the board I put down...

2.5 in New Market. Normally love the snow, but what a nightmare. Christmas Eve service in Libertytown at 4pm, got out at 5PM, didn't get home (5 miles) until 6:30 p.m. Everywhere, cars stuck or roads closed due to accidents. So glad I have great tires and a good car (BMW) never got stuck or had trouble. If not for the other guys it wouldn't have been a problem getting home...... Still, I guess nice to have snow on Xmas Eve!

Wow, what a difference 7 miles make. We had 1.9" here in Clarksburg and that has compacted down to 1" already. Roads were an icy mess as the last snows finished as we pulled up to the 6:30pm Christmas Eve service.

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas as well! I'm not sure if mby got under a really good band or If small differences in elevation made the difference. I guess it was probably a little bit of both.

Picked up a good 1.5" here as measured at 11 PM. Left the house about 3 PM and it was snowing quite hard and accumulating quickly. Not sure how much we had before compaction, but it probably was closer to 2 inches. Everything covered. What a beautiful Christmas Eve! Traffic snarled in the area; it seemed to have caught VDOT completely by surprise. No way did I think we'd get an accumulation. Started as - and stayed - snow here. Congrats to all who finally broke the snow drought - no better way to do so than with a White Christmas.

Merry Christmas to all and to all, a good night!

oSot5.jpg

j8UTY.jpg

Archived