• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
**BANTER THREAD** Rolling into active period...wintry potential increasing, so are toaster sales

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, i saw some 20dbz...maybe a brief 25....hard to get 1/2 SN in that though with a NW flow trying to dry the BL. You usually want a solid 30-35dbz return. The radar in the non-upslope areas often has a bit more bark than the bite in these.

Also interesting how you can also get snows falling below the radar as is the case here where the snow's caught in the radar but is actually landing several miles east of there due to the strong winds.

It's cold here with the temperature at 30F with some snow flurries whipping about in the wind. CTblizz may win the bet with max temp's today below 35F here.

Did you guys put down a few beets on temps?

25/21

Per Pickles request, I drove to MSF and Rowe. Tremendous amounts of blowing snow--very hard to find anyplace to make a measurement. The few areas that I could find that weren't blowing/drifting had about 3". About 1.5" up in Heath and just a trace back here.

These videos are of the Cold River in the MSF and Pelham Lake in Rowe--winds were howling.

Good temp range on the trip:

27* on the Deerfield (570')

19* in Heath (1900')

24.9/20 here at the Pit (1050')--stronger winds recorded today than yesterday.

well done mike, what is msf, different world out there.

there is a weenie spot on rte 2 right where there is a bend in the road (i think near 2200') and a little way's down (1/2 mile or so heading east) there is a little store on the left side with a tremendous view from parking lot. my guess is that area has like 5 or so

also from E lenox up thru pittsfield , lanesborough, and new ashford on rte 7 just getting crushed. hopefully wxmanmitch can take a drive up rte 7 and stick his weenie in the ground near new ashford.

look at that mega band sW of albany that stuff will reach NW ct hilltowns in an hour or so and give them a quick dump i would think

Wow the Euro is just wall-to-wall disaster

yeah, the model has been swinging wildly amid the spectrum of possibility with the individual systems in the flow, and the flow its self -

not very trusting as a prognostic tool at this time. Not sure why it's showing these larger continuity troubles, but it is difficult to know which version is correct.

The NOGAPS is rarely every useful, but ... its solution is way out to sea; that, and the GGEM and UKMET are in reasonable agreement down below and aloft, and are colder profiled, further E version of this Euro run. For all we know, the GFS doing this is purely a coincidence ...no doubt designed to f with heads - hahaha.

I don't know. I urge at least 3 cycles of runs before folks concede to any given continuity change. Just as a reminder for the general consumer here.

37 mostly clear

Rocking the escarole and bean right now

Meatballs/sausage and gravy simmering

Tomorrow is redneck xmas with wifes family, cooking turkey, homemade mac and cheese, greens, cornbread bisquits and gravy.

Xmas eve is da fishes...........fried shrimp, balls and sausage, escarole and beans.............

All sorts of sights and smells in the house............now will it snow? hope so!

Happy Festivus.

well done mike, what is msf, different world out there.

there is a weenie spot on rte 2 right where there is a bend in the road (i think near 2200') and a little way's down (1/2 mile or so heading east) there is a little store on the left side with a tremendous view from parking lot. my guess is that area has like 5 or so

also from E lenox up thru pittsfield , lanesborough, and new ashford on rte 7 just getting crushed. hopefully wxmanmitch can take a drive up rte 7 and stick his weenie in the ground near new ashford.

look at that mega band sW of albany that stuff will reach NW ct hilltowns in an hour or so and give them a quick dump i would think

MSF--Mohawk State Forest. This was right at the eastern entrace on Rt. 2 on the western edge of Charlemont. I didn't go over as I was in the truck. If I had my highlander with the snows, I'd have done it, but not in the truck without ballast. What the video does not show is the fairly heavy snow that was falling--it was coming down pretty good with well formed dendrites.

The store you talking about is in Florida. The only place I have ever managed to get a stale Twinkee (may they rest in peace).

Archived