• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
**BANTER THREAD** Rolling into active period...wintry potential increasing, so are toaster sales

ORH_wxman

I sure hope people aren't as upset as their posts are making them seem.

Anyways, I love the look for ski country for the next 7-10 days and I think CNE will do well. I think the CP is likely fooked aside from some possible front end snow but I think the rest of SNE is just looking for some more confluence and an earlier transfer or a more SE track to get a solid hit for interior SNE.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sure hope people aren't as upset as their posts are making them seem.

Anyways, I love the look for ski country for the next 7-10 days and I think CNE will do well. I think the CP is likely fooked aside from some possible front end snow but I think the rest of SNE is just looking for some more confluence and an earlier transfer or a more SE track to get a solid hit for interior SNE.

I'm not upset at all aside of Xmas day. Other than that it's exactly what I expected and I agree ski country should be jumping up and down for joy, the question is how much further south of the VT/NH/MA border does this all get?

I'm not upset at all aside of Xmas day. Other than that it's exactly what I expected and I agree ski country should be jumping up and down for joy, the question is how much further south of the VT/NH/MA border does this all get?

Yeah, agreed. Are you heading up with the fam any time soon? Looks like a pretty awesome early ski season after all the upslope powder yesterday and the upcoming couple synoptic systems seemingly targetting ski areas. Really should help them out after last year's disaster lol. It would help to get some snow for the lowlands since that seems to get people more interested in hitting the slopes.

I think it's a matter of time this year before we get at least a moderate event down here with some cold shots looking possible for early january.

Yeah, agreed. Are you heading up with the fam any time soon? Looks like a pretty awesome early ski season after all the upslope powder yesterday and the upcoming couple synoptic systems seemingly targetting ski areas. Really should help them out after last year's disaster lol. It would help to get some snow for the lowlands since that seems to get people more interested in hitting the slopes.

I think it's a matter of time this year before we get at least a moderate event down here with some cold shots looking possible for early january.

Yes we have inlaws that stay here this week each year and it gets crowded so we book north. May go Wednesday if it looks like snow Thursday/Friday.

My sense is most people are off from work this week. What do you think?

Dendrite et al. I've had some thoughts on the forum for awhile and I'm going to post them again in consolidated form. It's frustrating to read the continued conflicts within the region and in turn drawing in other regions members.

There are rules many of the other subforums follow that we don't, if they were followed many of the conflicts would be avoided within the region and within other regions. The moderation is often delayed to the point that the ruckus has settled before anything is done. I think the active regions need more moderators. Moderators that keep us within the rules without really any exception. The banter thread can be the free for all, the model threads should be clear of much banter, baiting, bump trolling and everything else. I appreciate the job everyone does, but a suggestion would be to have moderators perhaps from out of region/circles of friends as well. Looking at who's reading the threads it's quite often that there are many members from outside the core group. Or better yet have members on a monthly or bimonthly basis that act as temporary, untagged moderators.

I think closer adherence to rules about unsupported forecasts/predictions/maps would really help, as would the other things I mentioned in terms of bump trolling, baiting etc. It's easy enough to pull a quote from one thread into the banter thread if one so desired. JMHO I think many members would welcome it, particularly some of the quieter posters. I think the overall volume of the model/discussion threads would be significantly lower if the back and forth jabs were moved or eliminated, and I think we'd see more pros.

The argument is always made against increased moderation. I don't think it's working to be honest. Recent dustups and misunderstandings between hobbyists and pros, among hobbyists, and sometimes even amongst pros tells me that it's probably time for some changes. JMHO. One we all take part in, I know I need to do my part too.

• No personal attacks/OT arguing
  • Try to stay on topic
  • Attack the idea, not the poster
  • Spell out your forecast/thinking/opposing viewpoint clearly

Oh man I have so much to say but it's Christmas.

I include myself as a culprit sultan. Freely admit that. But it needs to change across the board. Look at the last few weeks and the dustups. If the back and forth is eliminated from the model threads a lot of it ends. People cannot even talk about models at this point without beig subjected to insults. Look at the upslope stuff. I shouldn't have joked with you about analogs in the model threads either. The rules going into this winter were that banter is where the banter goes, ot is where non weather banter goes. We are probably asking too much for 2-3 mods to maintain our threads at the volume of posts.

The personalization of the weather is ridiculous. Yeah I've been Debbie downer...shame on me in this great pattern.

Archived