• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
**BANTER THREAD** Rolling into active period...wintry potential increasing, so are toaster sales

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

332 days since an inch of snow in bos. Is that a record

Nope.

1. 387 days 11/24/1936 - 12/16/1937

2. 353 days 2/26/2006 - 2/14/2007

3. 344 days 1/30/1925 - 1/9/1926

4. 343 days 2/20/1927 - 1/29/1928

5. 338 days 2/11/2011 - 1/16/2012

6. 336 days 1/21/2012 - 12/22/2012

7. 323 days 2/27/2011 - 2012/1/16

8. 313 days 2/12/1983 - 12/22/1983

9. 312 days 2/26/1973 - 1/4/1974

10. 311 days 1/20/2002 - 11/27/2002

11. 310 days 2/16/1930 - 12/23/1930

12. 307 days 3/5/1891 - 1/6/1892

12. 307 days 2/16/2010 - 12/20/2010

14. 306 days 3/6/1943 - 1/6/1944

Steady as she goes -

Thing is, the NAO is not really helping the 27th+ event. It's sneakily risen to neutral by then, which ...doesn't automatically have to imply the storm track is outright favored west or east of us - it's actually closer to No Skill, meaning either is favored relative to the absence of suppression or otherwise.

I don't see any reason why these most recent runs that have trended west can't happen (though not like the 18Z GFS), just as much as I could argue they might come back east. For one, I am not sure why the wave lengths are being fiddled with like this, from run to run. The flow is being handled like a loose firehose, spraying random results because the NAO is collapsing, albeit temporarily, and the PNA rise is [probably] passing through neutral at the time this storm congeals. I'm pretty sure there's going to be a system, but the details in the wave spacing from about -150W to 70W is going to be problematically handled by the models during a transitory period, and I really feel pretty confident that these continuity shifts are merely an "unmanned" pattern being absent of a driving index.

This could be difficult to analyze in this ensuing week. We could lose this as a Apps runner, then have it come back favorably for more of coastal solution after all later Tuesday. There is a very complex stream interaction out over the Pacific close to the date line and up through the GOA. The wave that leads to the 27th event is actually an intermediate stream S/W that gets a partial phase inject by the displacing/weaking GOA vortex, as it tries to squirt by to the south about 60 hours from now. Together this triumph of madness won't really be sampled other than assimilation until 72 hours from now. You could really walk away from this basketball game and come back at 5 minutes left to play, because that's when the game may really be played given the trajectory these Pac waves are arriving.

I will say the 18z GFS makes little sense when factoring in BL resistance and topography combined. THAT solution has little hope of realizing. Trust me - something else, perhaps - that won't.

Scooter meltdowns are ugly to watch... like a car crash in slow motion...

Gee, I wonder why the snow karma has left the building...hmmmmmm

No meltdown as I never was terribly excited....especially with storm 2, but I mean is it that hard to ask for an inch or two? You guys in the interior have had yours.

No meltdown as I never was terribly excited....especially with storm 2, but I mean is it that hard to ask for an inch or two? You guys in the interior have had yours.

If you twist(er data) and turn away

If you tear the vortmax in two again

If I could, yes I would

If I could, I would

Let it snow

Surrender (to the KURO)

(Re)locate the axis

If I could throw this

Lifeless WINDEX to the wind

Leave this heart of sleet

See you walk, walk knee deep

Into the night

And never rain

Into the half-light

And destroy the flame (of the torch)

(U2's original version of Bad)

If you twist(er data) and turn away

If you tear the vortmax in two again

If I could, yes I would

If I could, I would

Let it snow

Surrender (to the KURO)

(Re)locate the axis

If I could throw this

Lifeless WINDEX to the wind

Leave this heart of sleet

See you walk, walk knee deep

Into the night

And never rain

Into the half-light

And destroy the flame (of the torch)

(U2's original version of Bad)

Ha, good stuff. You are a lyrical savant.

Yup, three 1" smackdowns here so far in December. lol

Speaking of meltdowns, just wait, I'm sure Bryce has some beauties in store for you my friend.

The Euro does still give the distant interior from Dave out through here and the N Berks a good thump before the changeover as currently modeled.

Yup, three 1" smackdowns here so far in December. lol

Speaking of meltdowns, just wait, I'm sure Bryce has some beauties in store for you my friend.

The Euro does still give the distant interior from Dave out through here and the N Berks a good thump before the changeover as currently modeled.

You have been in a hole too, but at least people like Kevin and Will had the early Novie deal and a couple of minor events. Severe wx is almost non- existent here so this is all we have here.

We always have water vapor loops to rub out to. NB. Don't forget the Burlington WFO WRF showing the Mt Mansfield jackpot. NB.

Man dude... really hope it snows for ya soon. Never seen ya with several jabs in various threads. Don't mean to rub anything in. I just enjoy talking about the weather and that's the weather I've got.

Man dude... really hope it snows for ya soon. Never seen ya with several jabs in various threads. Don't mean to rub anything in. I just enjoy talking about the weather and that's the weather I've got.

I know you don't....it wasn't a serious jab...don't worry. You are passionate with your sport and love.

Archived