• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
**BANTER THREAD** Rolling into active period...wintry potential increasing, so are toaster sales

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets see if I can make this 3-3. I'm calling too warm again on the Sunday temp forecasts from some outlets. I don't see how you can throw up a 40F for the high with thicknesses near 522. I know MOS is an easy go to, but sometimes I think model temps work well in this instance.

Joe and Brian in Fairfield are planning on low- mid 40's thru day 5

Lets see if I can make this 3-3. I'm calling too warm again on the Sunday temp forecasts from some outlets. I don't see how you can throw up a 40F for the high with thicknesses near 522. I know MOS is an easy go to, but sometimes I think model temps work well in this instance.

ORH may not hit freezing after Saturday for a while...depending on the track of our 12/27 storm.

You know it's an active period when the banter thread is buried 10 threads deep on the list1

winds have just beginning to pick up here. Winds will be much better here today than yesterday. We do great on W-NW-N flows in spite of greater exposure to the east and south.

A little snow this morning, but hoping to pick up some better crumbs coming over the spine on the strong winds for a bit more.

32.8/26, top gust just now of 17mph

You know it's an active period when the banter thread is buried 10 threads deep on the list1

winds have just beginning to pick up here. Winds will be much better here today than yesterday. We do great on W-NW-N flows in spite of greater exposure to the east and south.

A little snow this morning, but hoping to pick up some better crumbs coming over the spine on the strong winds for a bit more.

32.8/26, top gust just now of 17mph

Every thread became a banter thread last night. From Sam's drinking preference to wiz's girlfriend. lol

Every thread became a banter thread last night. From Sam's drinking preference to wiz's girlfriend. lol

LOL--I'm glad I wasn't on. Instead, engrossed in "Homeland". I'm kind of hooked on it. Am watching on disc, so much catching up to do.

Looks like some more serious model watchin will ensue beinning with the 12z runs today. Things certainly are lookin up for the entire 6 state region. Lots of focus on the southern 3 states since that's where 85% of the posters live---especially with the Christmas event, but I think you folks in ME/vt/NH will end up doing well with both. Just my gut.

Archived