• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
**BANTER THREAD** Rolling into active period...wintry potential increasing, so are toaster sales

ORH_wxman

Took the 15 minute drive up to 1900'. Neat changes along the way. Trace of snow with -sn and 29.4 at the Pit, at the river (Deerfield river) temp was 34*. Up to 1900', about an 1" down, SN and 28*. Return trip had 36* at the river, 28.9 at the Pit, --sn.

Also fun was that the short drive from 1900' to the 550' at the river registered over 78 mpg in my wife's new car. Come to think of it--my F-150 would have probably matched that same mileage in that stretch.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nw mass getting clocked. HRRR meso show this area getting hit all day today as well as the woodford vt area and up the spine

look at those echos in NW mass over to savoy , peru and just west. someone is gonna get 6-10 inches out there in those towns like savoy, florida, woodford state park. esp up by 2k on rte 2 and 2k on rte 9 by woodford. that fluff just piles up , we see it happen all the time in vt and right now its prog'd to occur in NW mass /S vt and then up the spine.

nw mass getting clocked. HRRR meso show this area getting hit all day today as well as the woodford vt area and up the spine

look at those echos in NW mass over to savoy , peru and just west. someone is gonna get 6-10 inches out there in those towns like savoy, florida, woodford state park. esp up by 2k on rte 2 and 2k on rte 9 by woodford. that fluff just piles up , we see it happen all the time in vt and right now its prog'd to occur in NW mass /S vt and then up the spine.

Just gettin the crumbs from that. But, flakes always make things festive.

26/19

how about a weenie drive to N.adams /south clarksburg later this pm. should be a different world about 15 miles to your west.

Don't even has to go that far for more appreciable. Was up at 1900' in Heath (about 15 minutes away) and they wre getting good stuff before.

Snowing pretty smartly here right now, so hopefully I can accumualte enough to measure. Sometimes I can score a little, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Usually, I just get to experience the CAA of it all (26/20 here vs lower 30's from G'field eastward).

Don't even has to go that far for more appreciable. Was up at 1900' in Heath (about 15 minutes away) and they wre getting good stuff before.

Snowing pretty smartly here right now, so hopefully I can accumualte enough to measure. Sometimes I can score a little, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Usually, I just get to experience the CAA of it all (26/20 here vs lower 30's from G'field eastward).

the weenies want a drive and a report. ya i had a friend that lived in rowe,ma. they get hit hard, but best stuff is west of them today, wrt to radar returns, i.e 4-6 plus

there was a few weenie radar returns of 20-25 dbz sw of bridgeport

Eh, i saw some 20dbz...maybe a brief 25....hard to get 1/2 SN in that though with a NW flow trying to dry the BL. You usually want a solid 30-35dbz return. The radar in the non-upslope areas often has a bit more bark than the bite in these.

the weenies want a drive and a report. ya i had a friend that lived in rowe,ma. they get hit hard, but best stuff is west of them today, wrt to radar returns, i.e 4-6 plus

Well, I need to drive to the dump which is out that way.....I'lll take my camera. We looked at a couple places in Rowe when we moved out here and then we considered a second place out there this past spring. Talk about a sleeper of a town.....love it.

25.7/20

I love that Andrew radar in your sig...wow.

That is on the cover of Peter Chaston's 1995 book entitled "Hurricanes"...I own it.

My fav hurricane of all time.

Thanks! Yeah, I made that from an old radar loop I found on YouTube. Also one of my favorite storms, given my usual location in FL. Glad to see some snow for a change, though. :)

It's cold here with the temperature at 30F with some snow flurries whipping about in the wind. CTblizz may win the bet with max temp's today below 35F here.

He's going to win...its not getting any warmer with pretty strong CAA all day and not very good sunshine with a lot of clouds at times.

He's going to win...its not getting any warmer with pretty strong CAA all day and not very good sunshine with a lot of clouds at times.

I am fine with that this is better than the original NWS forecast high of 41F. I would gladly have it 15F colder if it where possible. It's been close though today as it got to 33F earlier with sunshine. This weather lets the sopping wet ground around here drain and slowly freeze up in preperation for snow next week

Archived