amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
A new Baby, a fresh approach

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Storm track will be into NE so again looking at everything two weeks ago, the fact we mentioned that it will be close by is true. This is why we really could use a -NAO because the pacific isn't helping. Just because it might not be a foot of snow for SNE doesn't really change things gong forward. We may easily be on the line, but we are certainly getting storm chances which has been absent do far. Let's see how this shakes out guys.

It looks like HPC's overnight medium range is going with the Euro and it's ensembles for the medium range pattern. No one has discussed it yet but based on the GFS discussion overnight I hope that is a good sign.

What is interesting about it?

nothing, like i have been saying for the past month its a torch pattern. Big snowstorms in November are never a good sign.

Ryan with great news for the future of winter :loon:

Connecticut's Few Remaining Ski Areas Adapt To Warmer Winters But Face Gloomy Future

Ryan's part is twds the end of the awful awful article..

Eh, I thought the article was pretty fair. With snowmaking the way it is now I think the numbers are awfully gloomy in that study. But we've seen warm winters shutter ski areas before.

While temperatures have warmed there's been no discernible trend in actual seasonal snowfall. So the snowfall depth fetish people may be sad down the road the rest of us should be ok :snowman:

The 6-10 ec/ecens over the last 3 runs or so has been putting higher heights over Nova Scotia and Maine in the 6-10 range. This is not a good thing since it is really due to Atlantic ridging and not the result of -NAO blocking. You want to see low heights in that region going forward. Some of this may be a result of some retrogression of the Pacific ridge and the beating down of heights in the Bering Sea region.

Even Freak in trouble. LOL

By the mid-21st Century, there will only be a few dozen ski areas remaining in the mountains of Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine and New York, Scott and fellow researchers predict.

lol... yeah its identical to that Boston Globe article a little while back. I feel fairly good that if Mount Mansfield (easily one of the coldest mountains in New England with great snow preservation on NE exposure) gets warm enough to shut down skiing here, we'll be growing bananas down in town. I just like the fact that Canadian's are saying skiing will be out of business south of them in the next 20-30 years. Time to invest in Mont Tremblant north of Montreal? ;)

"Canadian climate change researchers have a bleak prediction for ski areas in southern New England: Within a few decades, slight changes in temperature may make it impossible to sustain a profitable ski season south of the mountains of Vermont and New Hampshire."

Ryan's comments were great though and I agree... snowfall hasn't really changed that much, but temperatures are getting warmer.

Archived