Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
A new Baby, a fresh approach

Ginx snewx

Thank you....

Dan when we refer to a gradient up here it is usually in the context of having an intense gradient over or near us that storms run along, particularly SWFE. Don't buy into the senseless provocation that dude is bringing.

I know how the term has come to be used. But it's a poorly defined concept. Used to describe almost anything between a "torch" (another poorly defined term), and an east coast trof.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know how the term has come to be used. But it's a poorly defined concept. Used to describe almost anything between a "torch" (another poorly defined term), and an east coast trof.

No it isn't....those who are using it in that manner are ill informed.

What we mean by that is patterns akin to Dec 2007 and 2008....period.

Lets see if Euro also goes colder for the weekend storm with secondary off coast as it senses the block. Ryan and others mentioned that one may very well get squeezed under us next weekend

I dont know if you saw the analogs I posted yesterday but to me it appears as that time frame is ripe. The Chris NJ winter time frame.

not really..take a look at years like 2007-2008 and see what exactly people are talking about.

a gradient pattern.

This resulted in above normal snowfall for central mass northward...but below normal snowfall further south into the mid-atlantic. I'm not exactly sure what latitude the anomaly switched but I believe it was in southern SNE.

compday.71.186.167.84.343.9.56.43.gif

not really..take a look at years like 2007-2008 and see what exactly people are talking about.

a gradient pattern.

This resulted in above normal snowfall for central mass northward...but below normal snowfall further south into the mid-atlantic. I'm not exactly sure what latitude the anomaly switched but I believe it was in southern SNE.

compday.71.186.167.84.343.9.56.43.gif

41N was the cutoff. A true Pike north winter.

I don't think his posts were meant as provocation, though it does seem to have flustered the board. I simply take exception to you calling him stupid ... he is a very knowledgeable poster and actually made some cogent points... the crux of his argument is that 10+ day forecasting is still a dubious proposition, despite the plethora of tools and indices at our disposal.

I didn't call him stupid. I called several of his points stupid...there is a difference. He is coming in here and being provocative, it is pretty easy to tell. His points in my opinion didn't make sense and he was trying to provoke. He basically was trashing a number of people. That is his right I suppose but it doesn't help the board. If you are going to trash people then do it by making some solid points.

He should just look in the mirror and take it elsewhere. Last I need to say on this.

sad behavior for a so called professional.

lol

the guy just posts about warmth mainly..bfd.

He even posts the progs to back it up.

maybe if you guys got together and decided to clean up the nonsense that occurs in this forum we wouldn't have a big problem?

None of this would even be an issue if forky were a snow monger...you guys would love him. Because he trolls with warm progs...he's suddenly the devil.

Dear God

light rain 45...........this happens every year, every single year, as soon as snow is in the forecast its serious business in here. Thats why people from all over the country stop by. There is nothing going on, the weather is beyond dismal. wha wha wha wha just have some fun and lighten up, snow on the way pattern change almost complete.

Understood... and any development of high latitude blocking would shift that gradient (and, more importantly, the storm track) to the south so that we would be on the happier side of things.

What is grating about this board is its polarization... the forky/Blizz soap opera, the poster from the NYC forum (who I come in here to get away from) calling for endless torch without any real justification... meanwhile, the good met discussion gets quickly washed away by the tide...

I think you may be misinterpreting the banner here, as many non-New Englanders so when they enter this thread. A certain amount of kidding and sarcasm are a part of the culture here and it is different than NY and the MA. Forky throws crap in here all the time...it is funny and it gets thrown back at him. I don't think that is personal or mean at all, it is hard core kidding and it is entertaining at least to me. It is part of the "culture" of this regional forum. What eduggs is doing is something very different. Usually a few come in during each winter season and do the same thing.

Archived