Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
A new Baby, a fresh approach

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mitch do you know if the Valley so dramatically underperformed due to a warm BL or was it more the typical downsloping effect we often see with strong easterly winds? (eg. Boxing Day)

edit- probably both I suppose, weak echoes promoting lousy dendite growth with little cold air mixing down. Still that's just an insane gradient.

Yes, it was a combination of both, but I'd have to say it was probably mostly due to the downsloping. Keep in mind that downsloping will warm the BL temperatures as well as dry things out.

I think the CT River and Hudson Valleys were mostly just light rain and drizzle (perhaps with a little sleet or wet snow mixed in) while the hills on either side of you were dumping 1-2" per hour.

Yes, it was a combination of both, but I'd have to say it was probably mostly due to the downsloping. Keep in mind that downsloping will warm the BL temperatures as well as dry things out.

I think the CT River and Hudson Valleys were mostly just light rain and drizzle (perhaps with a little sleet or wet snow mixed in) while the hills on either side of you were dumping 1-2" per hour.

Yeah here in CT it was probably a 50/50 mix of BL warmth and downsloping. Places like Springfield, Northampton, and Albany were probably more downsloping given the more impressive terrain to the east.

Archived