northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
A new Baby, a fresh approach

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The study was interesting though... did you read it?

One of the issues they mentioned was the economics of being able to deal with a shorter season and not being able to open by Christmas week.

If you haven't read the study yet you should it was thought provoking. Look at all the ski areas that closed in the 80s and early 90s. We may see another wave of them and continue thinning the herd as the economics change but as long as the demand is there people will still be skiing and places will still be open.

Sundown has had some of their most profitable seasons in some of their shorter seasons. I think if anything pass prices will just continue to rise lol

Understood... and any development of high latitude blocking would shift that gradient (and, more importantly, the storm track) to the south so that we would be on the happier side of things.

What is grating about this board is its polarization... the forky/Blizz soap opera, the poster from the NYC forum (who I come in here to get away from) calling for endless torch without any real justification... meanwhile, the good met discussion gets quickly washed away by the tide...

Can i ask a serious question? Do i ever respond to his troll posts.

Are 99% of his posts in here directed at me whether thinly veiled or direct? Think about it..he obsessively trolls me. I do not ever respond to his posts. He's allowed to get away with it because he is a "black ops" met. He was deleting most of my posts during Sandy. He has a line in his signature about me. i mean sure I'll accept some blame..but open your eyes Dan and others.. come on

Everyone should be ashamed of themselves.

This is the new baby thread, named in honor of one of our most respected and beloved posters. And progs that have turned ugly make grown ups act like 5 year olds. Unreadable.

I cherish snow as much as any weenie. Trust me, if we get none, I'll be disappointed but will still totally enjoy the holiday rest and will try to learn from reasons why.

This is the new baby thread, named in honor of one of our most respected and beloved posters. And progs that have turned ugly make grown ups act like 5 year olds. Unreadable.

I cherish snow as much as any weenie. Trust me, if we get none, I'll be disappointed but will still totally enjoy the holiday rest and will try to learn from reasons why.

jerry, I love yah, but the idea that this altercation was caused by poor progs for snow just doesn't have merit.

That's nice Jerry, thanks.

Well there's a specific -PNA/La Nina pattern we're referring to with a "gradient" pattern that sets up. It's nothing official just an unofficial term we throw about.

His post was really off base though. If you cut away the weenie posts and just looked at the met posts I think the discussion has been pretty good... I don't know what the problem is.

Some hobbyists here have great input too. Just having a tag means little as we have countless times seen, especially the ones who are not or never have been employed in the profession. Regarding the ski area articles, would have been nice to see some hard facts. Last I heard number of ski days in CT for the decade where way up from the 90s

Me thinks its geting angsty in here.

Respect and civil discussion is always welcome.

Many here could bring more to the table, but why bother. Some pimple faced peach-fuzzed teen with 1% knowledge in the processes involved will bait and troll just to get a rise.

Maybe it's me, maybe just kick it back, comment less and strive to learn.

Every year as winter starts decending the global features start to show the cards in hand. I try as years progress to pinpoint these features and keep level headed as in "normal" would be good in an everfailing non-biased approach. "weenie forever"

It's only December. A gradiant pattern with volatility in New England as many have stated can deliver. More goods (snow) to the north. The winter of New England is not the same to the south of New York. I'm thinking it will be an interior winfall winter.

Some hobbyists here have great input too. Just having a tag means little as we have countless times seen, especially the ones who are not or never have been employed in the profession. Regarding the ski area articles, would have been nice to see some hard facts. Last I heard number of ski days in CT for the decade where way up from the 90s

100% agree.

I will echo ARLMAWX, this board is turning into a chat room. I used to be able to come to this board and easily find good analysis. Now I have to wade through pages of hot air and socializing. If that is what people want here, so be it. But I lament the loss of analysis and respectable dialogue.

I never thought I would miss the days of Ji and others posting all the maps in order from each GFS run and commenting on them, but I think I am.

I thanks to those who post meaningful analysis and to those who ask good questions.

That's another problem. This is not a chat forum but its turned into posting whatever people wish. We have a chat feature for just that. Too many ot posts on the weather side.

Archived