Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Looking towards the beginning of December

CoastalWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know some like to troll my soil temps, but it's 36F @ 6" I think...I'm on the iPad though and not the PC to check, but 36F was the reading last night and it doesn't change much this time of year.

The new sensor attempts will be nighttime cloud cover, visibility sensor, snowflake reflectance/detection, hail sensor, and a snowdepth sensor using a higher end sonar. Basically a lot of acoustic and optics tinkering.

sweet I am truly interested though

Just think back to 2 days ago. Weenies were flocking to high dives lining up to leap into pools with no water below at the pattern. We preached to be patient, to stay the course, that we would be fine. Weenies didn't want to listen and insisted on doing jack knifes and cannonballs into the cold empty concrete pools below. And now after one hideous 3 day stretch where thankfully most of us can close the shades and not be part of it, we can reopen those shades to colder temps on Wednesday ready for the new winter patten and can begin tracking a major winter storm on Dec 10 with several more in the pipeline after that

Just think back to 2 days ago. Weenies were flocking to high dives lining up to leap into pools with no water below at the pattern. We preached to be patient, to stay the course, that we would be fine. Weenies didn't want to listen and insisted on doing jack knifes and cannonballs into the cold empty concrete pools below. And now after one hideous 3 day stretch where thankfully most of us can close the shades and not be part of it, we can reopen those shades to colder temps on Wednesday ready for the new winter patten and can begin tracking a major winter storm on Dec 10 with several more in the pipeline after that

how much snow fell yesterday/today?

AMOUT

I don't think this break really was any worse than AWT for the last week. This whole week, while getting a cold shot after Tuesday torch...will still be pretty awful. Hopefully the GFS is right and tries to cool off after this weekend.

i would not be surprised at all if thu-sat end up above, if not well above normal.

I know some like to troll my soil temps, but it's 36F @ 6" I think...I'm on the iPad though and not the PC to check, but 36F was the reading last night and it doesn't change much this time of year.

The new sensor attempts will be nighttime cloud cover, visibility sensor, snowflake reflectance/detection, hail sensor, and a snowdepth sensor using a higher end sonar. Basically a lot of acoustic and optics tinkering.

Check out Team Viewer for using your PC from iPad. You need to setup Team Viewer on both systems (setup unattended access on the pc), then you can connect anytime. Comes in handy for a situation like that.

Yeah, I guess folks' nerves may be a bit frayed after The Winter of Which We Do Not Speak.

Archived