Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Looking towards the beginning of December

CoastalWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like saying I faked 8k damage to my house from a tree falling through my roof but did not climb up on the roof in the middle of Irene to take pictures and only took pictures from the ground of my electrical service and gutters torn down? Those kind of personal shots?

forget it. not worth the discussion.

anyway...finally to MET winter. to the average person the longest/worst time of the year is underway...to my weenie....the quickest but best 3 months of the calendar are just getting started.

Nice day for it. Pretty cool seeing how bad NAM busted here and the other meso models pick this up, but it began to look that way yesterday. Many outlets had 40 for me today, although it may be an evening high.

The NAM is usually good with the CAD...it was colder than most guidance, but some of the weenie meso models like the RPM started picking it up better yesterday. The NAM had ORH at 31F for 15z, lol...its 24F. It had BOS like 35-36F. Still 29F at logaa airport.

But I think we mentioned several times yesterday how we could envision the interior remaining locked in for most of the day.

forget it. not worth the discussion.

anyway...finally to MET winter. to the average person the longest/worst time of the year is underway...to my weenie....the quickest but best 3 months of the calendar are just getting started.

Happy Met winter and what a great start. Nov was a winter month and Dec started as one.

The NAM is usually good with the CAD...it was colder than most guidance, but some of the weenie meso models like the RPM started picking it up better yesterday. The NAM had ORH at 31F for 15z, lol...its 24F. It had BOS like 35-36F. Still 29F at logaa airport.

But I think we mentioned several times yesterday how we could envision the interior remaining locked in for most of the day.

RPM can be out to lunch sometimes, but it did a good job with this. If I was working and weighted a forecast on this, it would be a huge win. Even if it doesn't stick to the runway or tarmac...just getting deicing equipment out and ready is a big deal.

Does it.have trouble with the terrain or something? Lots of little hills, etc...

with 22.6F you might actually be in a light freezing drizzle situation for quite a while. that's damn cold and there should be just enough forcing around to keep some precip going.

Okay---I figured the temp would cooperate for a while, but I wasn't confident that the precip would be hanging around. I guess that's what the WWA is for. Being in the far NW Zone, I allow my assessment of advisories, etc.to be influenced by what Albany does to my neighboring zones in Berkshire and Windham (VT) counties. With neither of them having anything posted, I tend to underestimate the impact.

Has it snowed in Dendrite land yet? more importantly when does your Web Cam go online?

1.7" in the early November event...few tenths with the fropa the other night...and it has been snowing all morning. Bunch of traces besides those. Nothing epic, but it's better than some recent Novembers.

The cam hasn't even shipped yet. They had a huge response and went out of stock so I'm left waiting for a little while.

I'm going to make a thread one of these days about my remote sensing projects. Cool stuff (at least to me).

Does it.have trouble with the terrain or something? Lots of little hills, etc...

No, it is usually very good. NAM has pretty detailed terrain input. It just screwed up on this one. The airmass was pretty shallow which probably gave it more problems than normal.

1.7" in the early November event...few tenths with the fropa the other night...and it has been snowing all morning. Bunch of traces besides those. Nothing epic, but it's better than some recent Novembers.

The cam hasn't even shipped yet. They had a huge response and went out of stock so I'm left waiting for a little while.

I'm going to make a thread one of these days about my remote sensing projects. Cool stuff (at least to me).

I think it's pretty cool. I have no electronics engineering skills like you have....maybe I'll hire you..lol.

Archived