Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Stuffing and Snow - Late November Banter and Obs

HoarfrostHubb

I is smaaaahhht

25F. No snowmaking at WaWa. Bastages

Dave is smaaht. I believed all vestiges of last winter need to be banished to the history books. Time for a change.

The avatar is Jesse the Body from Running Man.

All I know is there's no comparison between this fall and last fall here. It's freezing down here. We seem to hover between 40-45 forever. It's 42/43 here now mid morning in mid November. Cold and raw.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave is smaaht. I believed all vestiges of last winter need to be banished to the history books. Time for a change.

All I know is there's no comparison between this fall and last fall here. It's freezing down here. We seem to hover between 40-45 forever. It's 42/43 here now mid morning in mid November. Cold and raw.

Captain Freedom! lol

Let me be clear. Assuming the Tropical Pacific goes as planned, we should have a possible widespread wintry event in early December for a NAO phase shift as several of us have been suggesting for a while. To me, this doesn't look like a KU storm ( of course, everything lately has been historic so maybe I'm underselling it lol) and may favor eastern New England more than the Mid Atlantic. I see the pattern going from very El Niño looking to La Niña looking later in December, which will favor snowfalls in more of New England and the interior / Lakes / Ohio Valley (Miller A/B and cool.png.

what are your thoughts on les potential for december? There seems to be some tendency in the long range to keep the cold air from really dumping into the northeast/midwest.

Some of the best Arnold quotes ever from that movie..lol.

what are your thoughts on les potential for december? There seems to be some tendency in the long range to keep the cold air from really dumping into the northeast/midwest.

Agreed with your last sentence. It will be a slow process but the first true shot will come down with this NAO phase shift trough that will likely bring another winter storm to the Northeast sometime in early December (6z GFS liked last few days of November haha). So you'll probably get a good chance behind that but overall the pattern will lack IMO until maybe mid to late December when things get more niña like.

Captain Freedom! lol

Jesse the Body had a few good movies. The other one was the original Predator with Arnold and Carl Weathers.

Some of the best Arnold quotes ever from that movie..lol.

It's a ridiculous movie but fun to watch. Richard Dawson, Arnold, Jim Brown...good stuff. I forgot how many movies Jim Brown was in. Watched Blues Brothers the other night forgot he was in that too.

Wind still blowing over 20 here...brr. PLYMOUTH CLOUDY 43 33 68 NE14G23 30.39S

My girlfriend just sent me some pictures of the classroom with Ryan reading and it looks like the kids LOVED him coming in.

Speaking of, I was wondering if anyone wanted to get together for a couple of drinks tomorrow night or Saturday night? I was thinking maybe West Hartford? Wiz, Ryan, Kevin, Joe, Ginx other CT dudes/girls? Anyone up for it?

My girlfriend just sent me some pictures of the classroom with Ryan reading and it looks like the kids LOVED him coming in.

Speaking of, I was wondering if anyone wanted to get together for a couple of drinks tomorrow night or Saturday night? I was thinking maybe West Hartford? Wiz, Ryan, Kevin, Joe, Ginx other CT dudes/girls? Anyone up for it?

Can't do tomorrow unless it's early for happy hour. Have a rehearsal dinner for a wedding I'm in up in Simsbury. The kids were great... It was a lot of fun.

I'm working until 5 tomorrow then going to the Whale game...Saturday night could work.

To be honest during the week works better for me. Let's get LL to make the trip. He'll bring sunsational WX I'm sure

haha I can do Monday, Wednesday Friday Saturday Sunday nights...but I'm leaving for Stowe Sunday-Wednesday this week. I'm sure we can work something out. I'd love it if Joe could come, West Hartford couldn't be more than an hour from him.

PF should like that GFS run. Weak low pressure with accompanying WAA couple inches for Thursday. The fish storm partially blocked by a wedge of high pressure and circuitously wheeling back near 50/50, maybe kicking in the upslope machine for a couple extra on top. (not classic upslope, but something) Then maybe another stronger synoptic storm moving across the northern tier by the weekend. More elevation dependent than the first, but still probably snow up there.

Thereafter legit cross polar flow into the Great Basin arguing for a massive wet cutter for all of us. But screw it, it's fantasy land anyway.

Looks like a pretty ugly stretch on the hemispheric scale through D+15. There are signs at the end of the GEFS of hope.

Amazing the staying power of the omega block over the Bering Straight for 2+ weeks with it probably lasting beyond day 15. With it a pretty nasty negative height anomaly south of PANC but toward 12/1 there are signs of an NAO switch even with a somewhat hostile Pacific.

So not a great pattern but signs of some hope with upstream blocking possibly by 12/1.

Archived