amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Stuffing and Snow - Late November Banter and Obs

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a really great shot. I can see why hubbdave bent a skipole around his neck...and of course why MPM was inside his barn building gallows during the virga.

There was another area in E MA that did ok too...from west side of BOS down 95...though not nearly as good as that main band did.

Here comes that band for HubbDave!

Fookin kook.....lol

Here comes that band for HubbDave!

Fookin kook.....lol

That was pretty insane actually...very rare too see radar returns that good and not have steady snow falling. It was literally like 25 dbz for a time there. The low level dry air up there was ridiculous...never seen it so effective as to make 25 dbz almost flurries.

Oh well, you win some and lose some. I was fortunate to be on the right side of that dewpoint gradient by a few miles. Makes up for the Feb 2010 event after the rainstorm where you got 10" and I had 3".

That was pretty insane actually...very rare too see radar returns that good and not have steady snow falling. It was literally like 25 dbz for a time there. The low level dry air up there was ridiculous...never seen it so effective as to make 25 dbz almost flurries.

Oh well, you win some and lose some. I was fortunate to be on the right side of that dewpoint gradient by a few miles. Makes up for the Feb 2010 event after the rainstorm where you got 10" and I had 3".

I was psyched to see the poor souls in CT get some nice snow. I will get mine soon enough. That force field of dry air was beastly.

Good lord-we're arguing over whether it's 48 and sunny or 52 and sunny? Who cares

LOL--agreed.

Seen 30 minutes ago....

post-79-135300337577.jpg

That's the saddest snow pile I've ever seen. At first, I though messenger ran over a seagull with his lawnmower.

That's a really great shot. I can see why hubbdave bent a skipole around his neck...and of course why MPM was inside his barn building gallows during the virga.

There was another area in E MA that did ok too...from west side of BOS down 95...though not nearly as good as that main band did.

Great picture. Though looking at it makes me develop a tick.

dendrite

• av-189.jpg

Posted 25 November 2004 - 06:08 AM

...and my temperature is 60F with a dewpoint of 59F. The windows are WIDE open. It reminds me of Christmas eve last year when temps shot up well into the 50s with warm rains. My cracked hands and chapped lips are thanking Mother Nature right now.

I remember getting yelled at by my dad for wearing shorts and a t shirt riding my bike. It was warm

I am sure Ryan will make some snarky comments because only red taggers know somethings but man nice LL cold day.

It was a beautiful day, much colder than I thought it would be, I was up in North Stamford working and I kept thinking to myself it felt damn cold, went into the truck around noon and it was 38.

Pretty strong Aleutian ridge, with a -NAO trying to build, but still a little + looking. Verbatim, they aren't all that chilly, but do offer the chance of cooler wx as we head into December.

"cooler wx" = colder, snowier wx in Kevin's world. Your comments just verified his ongoing statements regarding, winter incoming after Thanksgiving. Feet and feet of snow. Powderfreak skiing the bumps naked, and Pete's long ponytail whipping him in the face as the noreaster winds blow at 2k from Nov. 30th til May 1st.

"cooler wx" = colder, snowier wx in Kevin's world. Your comments just verified his ongoing statements regarding, winter incoming after Thanksgiving. Feet and feet of snow. Powderfreak skiing the bumps naked, and Pete's long ponytail whipping him in the face as the noreaster winds blow at 2k from Nov. 30th til May 1st.

I feel like we as mets have to be careful with our wording. If we talk about how something looks good 2+ weeks out, it's assumed feet of snow and below zero temps are coming. If we talk about models showing a AK low, then it's noose time. If we truly feel one way or another we would likely tell you. I can't stress enough for people not to read too deeply. If they have a question, by all means ask.

I feel like we as mets have to be careful with our wording. If we talk about how something looks good 2+ weeks out, it's assumed feet of snow and below zero temps are coming. If we talk about models showing a AK low, then it's noose time. If we truly feel one way or another we would likely tell you. I can't stress enough for people not to read too deeply. If they have a question, by all means ask.

Hi, welcome to the forum. My name is Adam. Nice to meet you.

It was a beautiful day, much colder than I thought it would be, I was up in North Stamford working and I kept thinking to myself it felt damn cold, went into the truck around noon and it was 38.

High was 46.2F here in Southern Westchester, which is -9 from our normal high of 55F. Down at the school where I work in Brooklyn (East New York), the high was actually only 44.3F, probably because it stayed a bit cloudier. The month is guaranteed to finish below normal now.

This airmass is a good example of how 850 temps can be quite misleading at times to judge surface temps. It's actually pretty warm aloft but much much cooler between 900 and 1000mb.

Yeah have had an inversion all day today at Stowe.... 4,000ft high was 36F while it was only 33F at 1,600ft. Currently 32F up at 4,000ft and 27F at 1,600ft.

MWN has been inverted all day, too... currently 34F at the summit and it looks like about the same as Mansfield with the warmth starting right around 4,000ft.

Archived