Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Stuffing and Snow - Late November Banter and Obs

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we still on pace for warmest year?

Not up here. Thru Oct, Farmington 2012 is running 0.9F cooler than in 2010 and so far Nov is adding to the difference. ND 2010 were +1 and +2.5, respectively, +2 and +3.5 if I use 1971-2000 rather than 1981-2010. Unless we run +10 (perish the thought!) from here to 12/31, 2010 retains the crown.

(2010 actually finished 0.5 cooler than 1931 and 0.3 cooler than 1953, though I think the pre-1958 obs were from a somewhat milder location than those taken since then.)

Maine has always been second warmest as a state this year, not even sure they slipped into first.....need to check NOAA to see the latest.

lol so you're drawing a straight line and basing it off of that? I've driven it hundreds of times . It's 11-12 miles

I didn't know that when snow falls it decides to take route 44 to 195 to get from my place to yours

Why when talking about weather events would you ever talk about how far it is by road? That makes 0 sense. No, it makes -10000 sense. My apartment is 6 miles from your house.

I didn't know that when snow falls it decides to take route 44 to 195 to get from my place to yours

Why when talking about weather events would you ever talk about how far it is by road? That makes 0 sense. No, it makes -10000 sense. My apartment is 6 miles from your house.

That makes 0 sense. We're not crows. Storrs is 11-12 miles from my house

That makes 0 sense. We're not crows. Storrs is 11-12 miles from my house

So when weather happens it follows the route of curvy, rural roads? Are you listening to yourself right now lol? Storrs geographically is 7 miles from your house. Since the road is not straight, it is further IN A CAR but geographically (and therefore pertinent to wx) it is 7 miles. 7 miles. Weather events do not travel in cars.

Can someone back me up here? I think Kevin's head is too far in the bong.

But taken literally, wouldn't you say that euro is about a day or two from consolidating a big low out by 150w, which would begin a rapid pump-up of the PNA? Also, not shown on the map below is a fairly robust block near Scandinavia.

Yeah no doubt it gets interesting beyond Day 10. Up through that point though it's curtains for Kevin's big wintry blast.

Archived