Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Stuffing and Snow - Late November Banter and Obs

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing to see until December most likely. Not that we should be expecting big snowstorms in November. Some of us already had a decent storm earlier this month...patience always seems insufferably thin at the beginning of the cold season on the forums.

Enjoy it now. Come Dec you'll be too far north high and dry

He may need to borrow one of powderfreak's nordic sweaters by January. The NNE crowd is starting to take the lead of powderfreak...steadily moving toward a massive collective meltdown. I think the Nov 7-8 event primed them pretty good.

He may need to borrow one of powderfreak's nordic sweaters by January. The NNE crowd is starting to take the lead of powderfreak...steadily moving toward a massive collective meltdown. I think the Nov 7-8 event primed them pretty good.

Im sure they've all got some grandmom sewed snowflake and moose sweaters that they still wear to tie together to form one giant suicide noose. The Nov snowstorm was the warning shot across the Bow, They can ignore it if they like, but I see alot of snowmobiling on dustings to an inch up there

Nothing to see until December most likely. Not that we should be expecting big snowstorms in November. Some of us already had a decent storm earlier this month...patience always seems insufferably thin at the beginning of the cold season on the forums.

Yep. If you seriously expected a widespread snowstorm like 11/7-8 through this period then maybe you should stop forecasting.

Yep. If you seriously expected a widespread snowstorm like 11/7-8 through this period then maybe you should stop forecasting.

Yeah, early December is looking more promising...that GOA low retrogrades just a bit it seems and pops a bit of a western ridge as the NAO "tries" to go negative, but perhaps its more neutral...either way it would offer a chance at something with a little more available cold....if the MJO can swing into phase 1/2 for early December, that definitely promotes a ridge out west and may act to help the tendency for lower heights to migrate W from the GOA...kind of a El Nino MJO position. Should be more interesting though regardless than the next 10 days if that pans out.

Not really, Other then the novelty factor, I saw a couple inches from that storm, I really don't care much about early nov snows, Its not like your going to retain it for snowpack for the winter

Yeah, early December is looking more promising...that GOA low retrogrades just a bit it seems and pops a bit of a western ridge as the NAO "tries" to go negative, but perhaps its more neutral...either way it would offer a chance at something with a little more available cold....if the MJO can swing into phase 1/2 for early December, that definitely promotes a ridge out west and may act to help the tendency for lower heights to migrate W from the GOA...kind of a El Nino MJO position. Should be more interesting though regardless than the next 10 days if that pans out.

It certainly does look interesting around the magical December 5th time frame. Someone on here brought up the idea (maybe it was Chris) that after the Scandanavian block, we transition into something resembling a more omega-styled block in the North Atlantic. Perhaps a "thumb" projection into Greenland is possible if we can muster up a good cyclonic wave breaker in the last week or so of November that can force the block west. The nature of a thumb/omega block would fit nicely with the wave 2 forecast and would certainly be different than the rex-styled blocking in 2009-10 and 2010-11.

Block or no block, both scenarios would favor New England over the Mid Atlantic.

Im sure they've all got some grandmom sewed snowflake and moose sweaters that they still wear to tie together to form one giant suicide noose. The Nov snowstorm was the warning shot across the Bow, They can ignore it if they like, but I see alot of snowmobiling on dustings to an inch up there

Yeah and we should be able to send a sweater down to you for christamas, I have one that has squirrels on it that i would be willing to part with, Good luck with your call

Kevin would make his life so much easier if he just said, ok...I will wait until early December. Maybe even have a stronger relationship with wife and kids.

There were also meteorologists (some louder than others of course) who were forecasting snow prior to Thanksgiving in the long range.

Archived