Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Stuffing and Snow - Late November Banter and Obs

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only good thing about this pattern is we can keep our vehicles clean. After all the salt from last week, it was nice to get it washed, waxed and tires and rims shined.

Hopefully everyone else has done the same..

Drought as we head into winter?

PF sharpening the knife on the 4k picnic table?

I hope people realize what the normals highs are as we enter December. That should be a reality check.

We'll cool off no doubt as we head into December, just don't expect blizzards to start out.

I actually would not be shocked at a yo-yo pattern to start December. What do I mean? Well, as much as the garbage post 10 day op runs tell us...I think they can give clues. The long range op runs sometimes will hint at the potential in the pattern...or a change in the pattern. The GFS is bringing down these cold shots, and then storms also trying to push into the Great Lakes and up the coast. Even though the means are smoothed out, they will never get the magnitude of warm or cold pushes correct past 10 days. So, I could see these pushes of colder air, followed by milder intrusions with obviously rain or snow to go along with it. Just kind of speculating here, but given the H5 look...I think it's not out of the question we see that. Maybe SWFE?

Have you missed all the discussion about sneaky high in Eastern Canada keeping us chilly? Days in 40's/ nights in 20's. Nothing wrong with that

i think it's "cool" for the next few days but after that it'll head to AOA i think. i suppose it might be a case where low lying spots can radiate at night and you sneak some neg. departures in but once the reinforcing cool shot lets go the airmass gets pretty stale...would think 50s by day.

i think it's "cool" for the next few days but after that it'll head to AOA i think. i suppose it might be a case where low lying spots can radiate at night and you sneak some neg. departures in but once the reinforcing cool shot lets go the airmass gets pretty stale...would think 50s by day.

Hmm...I don't know ..Will said highest temp might be 50 in warmest spots and that would only be for 1 or 2 days..Looks like 40's mostly..Maybe torch spots tickle 50

Any thoughts Adam?

I hate commenting up here, only because you guys can get snow out of so many more patterns than NYC and south can. So when I am sure a pattern won't produce for us, I'm not sure for you.

In any case, the MJO teleconnections have been pretty solid since about the end of October suggesting that the first week of December should provide a decent large scale cold/wet/trough pattern for the Eastern Seaboard. I suspect we'll see a -NAO pop around Nov 29 or 30 and then it will be game on. Until then, kinda boring.

Archived