• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
November Mid-Long Range Discussion

MillzPirate

Euro cold 850s.. drop to about -6C near DC as event goes. Snow maps don't give anything tho. 1/4" liquid E/W thru DC, dropping to 0 around MD/PA border. Snow mainly in higher elevation.. jackpot 3-4" w/nw of lynchburg. Sfc temps are marginal tho would seem to support chance if we could get heavier precip north.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro cold 850s.. drop to about -6C near DC as event goes. Snow maps don't give anything tho. 1/4" liquid E/W thru DC, dropping to 0 around MD/PA border. Snow mainly in higher elevation.. jackpot 3-4" w/nw of lynchburg. Sfc temps are marginal tho would seem to support chance if we could get heavier precip north.

It looks like with the track that we would get snow...perhaps enough to give us an inch after dark, if we can get some moderate snow...sun angle is favorable....

It looks like with the track that we would get snow...perhaps enough to give us an inch after dark, if we can get some moderate snow...sun angle is favorable....

Yeah pretty good run might have more potential too.

Fascenating how the Euro has started the supressed theme the last two runs and I'd guess the NAM would end up silmilar with the results if extrapolated out. Since every other model (besides the JMA which we don't count :) ) is a cutter, I can't wait to see what wins out. I think I know the answer already: we've seen the Euro lead the way and every other model eventually catch on time and time again... one good example was the late Jan 2010 storm and again Christmas 2010.

Assuming this is something other than a full cutter- there's some potential to watch, even if it is a backside flurry.

Fascenating how the Euro has started the supressed theme the last two runs and I'd guess the NAM would end up silmilar with the results if extrapolated out. Since every other model (besides the JMA which we don't count smile.png ) is a cutter, I can't wait to see what wins out. I think I know the answer already: we've seen the Euro lead the way and every other model eventually catch on time and time again... one good example was the late Jan 2010 storm and again Christmas 2010.

Assuming this is something other than a full cutter- there's some potential to watch, even if it is a backside flurry.

Maybe it ends up somewhere in the middle.

0z Euro even more suppressed (non-event) with next week's storm, quite shocking considering other models....could be a fluke run.

6z GFS took major shift towards the Euro. Much weaker and further east than previous runs. Kinda looks like this could end up being a weak clipper that slides off the MA coast.

6z GFS took major shift towards the Euro. Much weaker and further east than previous runs. Kinda looks like this could end up being a weak clipper that slides off the MA coast.

I don't like "thread the needle" type events. The low is not amplified enough to bring down sufficient cold air and there is only a very thin area of snowfall north of the 850mb low with marginal rates because the precip is very light....

I don't like "thread the needle" type events. The low is not amplified enough to bring down sufficient cold air and there is only a very thin area of snowfall north of the 850mb low with marginal rates because the precip is very light....

12z GFS bombs out up northeast of MA just as 0z EURO showed. But it looks like at this time, we are done with any lakes cutter. Might still have a few more adjustments to the southeast before all is said and done.

starting tomorrow Euro max temps look something like this..seasonal...GFS mos listed 2nd

mid 40s, 46

mid 40s, 47

low 50s, 51

50, 48

upper 40s, 47

upper 40s, 48

mid 50s, 48

mid 50s

yeah it's not really warm here but the central us is pretty mild. the cold blast looked pretty transient on earlier runs anyway.

Archived