joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Election week coastal storm threat

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How usual is it for a pattern to last more than 6 weeks or so?

It really depends on the pattern and how stable it is. Some patterns hang for 12 days and some can go 12 weeks.

Are you asking if a general -nao last 6 weeks? Not really. It will flex and relax. But it does seem to have a very recent tendency to flex at the right time. What we want to see 4 weeks from now is a big -ao form. That is something that can last several months. On the flip side, if we see a big +ao form and weenie smashing goa low happen in 4 weeks then this place will melt down.

How usual is it for a pattern to last more than 6 weeks or so?

Way too much goes into length and strength of any pattern plus thats way beyond the scope of my knowledge...im just saying that i feel like storm tracks tend to repeat themselves...thats certainly not saying it will be constant

Looking like indian summer is on the way after our cold rain next week. Trough out west looks to dump cold air in the western half of the us and warms us up. This is probably a good thing to some extent. Doesn't look like a big stable feature so it should be progressive.

If I had to guess we return back to a more trough east ridge west by the end of the month. All eyes on Dec no matter which way you shake it.

Archived