• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Election week coastal storm threat

Midlo Snow Maker

Yeah, it's funny. It's November - the pattern has to be more perfect than usual for it to snow in our area. People seem to forget that most of our snow comes in January and February. Even in December, it can be a struggle.

After last winter, I have very modest expectations. I'm OK if we don't see anything in November, and don't see much of anything in December.

I don't think anyone forgets that we get most of our snow in January and February, and I think folks realize that November snow will only happen if the setup is absolutely perfect.

It's just something to talk about during a month when the trees go bare, vegetations starts to die, and crows start to rule the roost.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think anyone forgets that we get most of our snow in January and February, and I think folks realize that November snow will only happen if the setup is absolutely perfect.

It's just something to talk about during a month when the trees go bare, vegetations starts to die, and crows start to rule the roost.

I hope so otherwise every coastal with a hint of blocking will make people think it will be Sandy part deux. People can be very easily convinced that Sandt storms will happen all the time as opposed to once in a 100 years

I hope so otherwise every coastal with a hint of blocking will make people think it will be Sandy part deux. People can be very easily convinced that Sandt storms will happen all the time as opposed to once in a 100 years

I wouldn't be surprised if the initial public reaction to potential coastals will result in some comparison to Sandy, much like "derecho" became a buzz word this summer. But I think that, overall, people on here know better. At least I hope they do.

Exactly. Most people here are smart enough to understand this, but there are still a handful who don't. And in the general public, I truly believe that the majority don't understand this.

I read DT's Facebook posts leading up to, and during the storm. Most of the responses were pathetic, in that people couldn't figure out where they were on his maps, didn't understand what he was saying, and were generally being idiots. He showed great restraint, but I wanted to slam a number of people for being so damn stupid.

12z GFS has our low...... very similar to Euro....... a bit too far east to get us

We won't have the temps. Nothing is pointing towards that. It's next to impossible to get surface temps where we need them in early Nov anyway. Even if the 850's actually did cooperate (not likely) it would be a cold rain at best.

The two separate vorts makes it a bit tricky. Not sure that's how it will end up. Often you'll get those to combine or further separate moving closer into range. 500 pattern is very suggestive a storm though.

Even if this storm would come to fruition, it most likely would be nothing more then a cold rain. So wouldn't get excited about a "storm" 6 days away that the GGEM shows none the less. SNE maybe but MID ATLANTIC no way

I think we all know this........... its just getting back to tracking coastal storms..... pretty exciting...... this is like preseason

Archived