joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sandy - Lights Flickering Thread

Yeoman

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My lights have yet to flicker. Should I start a my lights aren't flickering thread?

Your incandescent lights are in fact flickering @ a rate of 60 times per second....60HZ

You just can't see it.

Having said that...maybe you should start a "My lights aren't flickering thread"....though many more people will have visibly flickering lights.

Mark my words!!!

Your incandescent lights are in fact flickering @ a rate of 60 times per second....60HZ

You just can't see it.

Having said that...maybe you should start a "My lights aren't flickering thread"....though many more people will have visibly flickering lights.

Book it!

I'm pimping fluorescent baby!

BGE is still do OK by me though my lights keep flickering. We'll find out whether the winds were overdone or not during the next 6 hours. If so, it will be interesting to see what kind of winds verify at 925 over our area.

Yeoman says you two are weak. Because he's obviously cool.

Sort of weird. Power went out for about 3 hours. Then it came back on randomly for about 30 minutes. Now it is out again. Not sure what that was all about.

Sounds like maybe a substation went out in your area and they corrected the issue remotely/switched the load to other stations - maybe others continued failing.

Archived