amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
East Coast Threat/Sandy Part III

free_man

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus that NAM extrapolation is dire - period. NAM flack aside, pray that doesn't set at hour 84 like that because that really is heading for something truly unique there -

The initial portion is garbage though, emerges at 996 with some sort of vort max SW of it and they sort of rotate around each other for a bit. I buy the dive to the NW near Florida towards that weakness until the troughs influence finally sets in, but it actually dives SW for a bit and it is garbage after that. I know what you are saying though, run a dgex 0z and post it on the front page and watch the servers crash.

interesting

THE FORECAST WILL

STILL CALL FOR SANDY TO BECOME POST-TROPICAL BY 120 HR...ALTHOUGH

THIS REMAINS LOW CONFIDENCE.

I think there is some seriously doubt that forces are strong enough to phase the hurricane with the baroclinic trough. Being as strong as she is now, I think Sandy resists the baroclinic zone more than model guidance suggests.

I think there is some seriously doubt that forces are strong enough to phase the hurricane with the baroclinic trough. Being as strong as she is now, I think Sandy resists the baroclinic zone more than model guidance suggests.

I'm not sure it's that so much as the guidance insisting on maintaining a strongly warm core system even during baroclinic interaction.

Although, yes, as you mentioned it's quite possible the storm does try to resist at least absorption initially.

I am so lost... wasnt it just going to be a bit further north version of the EURO?

The orientation of the phasing trough, and the position of Sandy along with the amount of energy diving in would result in an absolute bomb that would actually have enough cold air to dump feet of snow NW of it and tank the storm. The model is about 6 hours from just blowing up.

I agree, although if shear is enough to really strip the center of convection and then the phase occurs we still have a chance. We are expecting 30+ kts of shear from day 3 on?

The orientation of the phasing trough, and the position of Sandy along with the amount of energy diving in would result in an absolute bomb that would actually have enough cold air to dump feet of snow NW of it and tank the storm. The model is about 6 hours from just blowing up.

Ah ok. I thought he was talking more about the track itself as it looked like a NOGAPSish solution... but that would be interesting

I was wondering if the GFS was onto to that

I feel like I'm in a good position to see at least some snow out of her, 15 miles south of BUF 880ft asl. Regardless i cant wait to watch this unfold from a meteorological perspective, its gonna be absolutely stunning no matter what happens.

Archived