CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
East Coast Threat/Sandy Part III

free_man

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to be the southern outlier. Delaware Bay seems to be a good median to go with.

Please I hope the 00z GFS GFS ensembles as well as the Euro push this monster into NYC or LI or SNE. I live at the Euros current ground zero....I am NOT looking forward to some sub 950 mb monster hybrid throwing 8 inches + of rain and 60+ mph wind around Delaware and the Philly metro....

Please I hope the 00z GFS GFS ensembles as well as the Euro push this monster into NYC or LI or SNE. I live at the Euros current ground zero....I am NOT looking forward to some sub 950 mb monster hybrid throwing 8 inches + of rain and 60+ mph wind around Delaware and the Philly metro....

So you'd rather have it destroy other people's homes and wish it on them...lol.

Obviously this question is coming from a casual weather person, but why are the storm tracks with this storm becoming so strongly agreeable this early? I've been through 10 years of storm watching since moving to New England and have seen ****loads of storms that were "sure things" go out to sea within 12-24 hours. This storm still has a ton of time until supposed landfall - what particular aspect of the systems in play is putting so much assurance on it flipping out and diving into the delmarva/nyc coast vs. new england coast?

I understand the blocking keeping it coastal but what is in play that is going to literally pull it back and west? And why wouldn't it be any different than the trends that tend to lose hold on "sure thing" nor'easter, blizzard situations?

Forgive the ignorance, heh.

Besides extreme coastal flooding across coastal CT I could really see this not being that big of an issue here. Forecast soundings suggest it will be difficult to really mix those really strong winds down. We'll have some gusty winds and some flooding but nothing that is atypical.

That is a bold statement this early in the game Paul.

At this point I think from coastal CT down through NJ and points south is where the real deal will be with extreme coastal flooding and very strong winds, however, further inland, especially across SNE I just don't see this being that big of a deal...unless the landfall ends up being closer to NYC or CT.

ya it might be , bc as will said, if we get more and more breaks in the clouds (in SNE) well NE (of say a S NJ/ DELMARVA) landfall. and 925 mb winds are model'd as high as they are, we will be gusting hurricane force in SNE, as the surface destabalizes at least that is how i understood it.

Yeah I think the bust posts are about as dumb as Kevin's storm of doom posts. At this point we just don't know the track. It's really up in the air with whether it's the Mid Atlantic or New England. It's also hard to figure out what strength the storm will be.

Lots to figure out so we should probably reign in our declarative statements about no storm or huge storm.

Yeah I think the bust posts are about as dumb as Kevin's storm of doom posts. At this point we just don't know the track. It's really up in the air with whether it's the Mid Atlantic or New England. It's also hard to figure out what strength the storm will be.

Lots to figure out so we should probably reign in our declarative statements about no storm or huge storm.

You are correct, And we are still a good 4 days out

Archived