Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
East Coast Threat/Sandy Part III

free_man

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope he's wrong..esp with all the ensemble support so far north..If he's right..then it is what it is.Nothing more to say really

It's almost like 2010 with blocking too strong. The euro is an option...even if it squeaks north to like ACY or something. Despite all the little nuances that happen before it turns left, the blocking keeps getting stronger as modeled. So something to consider. I've seen models too phase happy before, so I think that is also something to consider. It will also depend on how far NW it curves in the next 24 hours. The further west it gets, the less longitude it gets when it moves NE again...therefore a further SW solution when it finally curves back NW. The one thing that is standing out for me, is how strong the blocking is. I understand there is a weakness causing it to move NE, but that seems to be slowly going away with each model run...unless it decides to appear again. So in my mind, models are phase happy...but part of the reason why is because of the blocking. IMO I think the next two days are important as to how far offshore Sandy is before it moves NE.

Hundreds of miles north of Maryland..hundreds..

Anyway..maybe you all can laugh at my expense tomorrow.

Everyone likes to see me lose..and I usually do..so enjoy I guess

When you lose, Kevin, most of your co-New Englanders do, too. Unless of course it has to do with pinging. Then it's just you and Ray.

How it hits (angle of attack) will be a big factor...if we have this thing going NNW into NNJ, that is a huge deal for a chunk of SNE...if it is already moving due W, then it will be a run of the mill strong Nor' Easter for most of us.

Any chance this comes a bit further north and then makes the extreme westward track, almost paralleling the SNE coast?

Archived