• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Historic Sandy Oct 26th - 31st, SE hybrid obs/disco thread....

WeatherNC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love King St cam...getting some news action

post-644-0-26111800-1351549644_thumb.jpg

I just now realize why me and my friends spotted that very same news van going up the mountain last weekend when we were half way between Boone and Wilkesboro...going to haunted trails.hotdog.gif I would have not remembered it, but my buddies made a big deal about it...don't remember why.

Small world.

Here is a youtube video of the growing blizzard like conditions in the NC mountains...

nvm I was beat to it...

mcd2091.gif

Found this interesting for those holding hope for a surprise or two:

From Mount Holly:

SANDY IS SUCH AN ANOMALOUS SYSTEM THAT THE 12Z MODEL SUITE COMES NO

WHERE CLOSE TO RESOLVING THE TRUE INTENSITY OF THE MINIMUM CENTRAL

LOW PRESSURE. GRANTED THE MODELS, OVER THE PAST FEW DAYS, HAVE HARD

A TIME WITH THE DEEPENING OF THE MASS FIELDS, BUT GIVEN THE RECENT

SAMPLING OF THE SYSTEM THROUGH RECON FLIGHTS AND NUMEROUS EAST COAST

SOUNDINGS, THEY STILL FALL NEARLY 10MB TOO HIGH.

Been dyeing to keep up from work today w/o success. BIG FROSTY, my father in law says it was snowing up at the farm today. Did you see your first flakes? I haven't went back to read. Thanks for all the video and pics folks. Keep em coming

NO, I been on the road today have not seen a flake! (snowmans nightmare) lol... But I have heard reports of it though!!!

Our problem here will be moisture just like always down sloping problem... accuweather radar has shown rain or snow over me all evening and I haven't see a drop or flake.. drying upaxesmiley.png

The reports on the NYC thread are insane. Front of an apartment building completely sheared off on Eighth Avenue, 2 feet of water in the streets in Lower Manhattan and rising, 90 mph winds at Islip...and it's not even high tide yet in New York Harbor.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=weather&id=8860158 is the ABC 7 livestream out of NYC.

Damn, NYC is a disaster area. Interesting to see that major cities don't fare much better than a few beach houses on the outer banks when mother nature comes a calling. Sandy certainly brought her A game. Numerous records will fall before this day is through.

Back to the weather, still looks like moisture plumes coming (or pressing) to the south. Just not sure if they will make it to central NC at the same time we drop the temps into the 30's. whistle.gif

Archived