• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Historic Sandy Oct 26th - 31st, SE hybrid obs/disco thread....

WeatherNC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow things are about to go south for the mountains. Hopefully some of that can overcome those mountains and head east.

Burger, what has this storm NOT done...so, maybe that can leak off the mtns. It's a flow snow for sure but the directions are a bit off and the moisture content is huge. Maybe more than a shower escaping the mtns?

Burger, what has this storm NOT done...so, maybe that can leak off the mtns. It's a flow snow for sure but the directions are a bit off and the moisture content is huge. Maybe more than a shower escaping the mtns?

True, typically I'm the eternal optimist but I've talked myself out of this one. I guess only time will tell from the looks of the radar if something does pass through it looks to be late enough that it should be just cold enough maybe to eek out some flurries.

True, typically I'm the eternal optimist but I've talked myself out of this one. I guess only time will tell from the looks of the radar if something does pass through it looks to be late enough that it should be just cold enough maybe to eek out some flurries.

That is more than obvious. ;)

I'm starting to get skeptical about acculumations here in the lower elevations. The temp here currently is 39 with a dewpoint of 37, so not much room for evaporational cooling. Hopefully when better moisture gets here and the sun goes down that this light rain can turn to snow as the rates increase(dynamical cooling?) Wise county is now under a blizzard warning and I don't know why all of the mountain counties in NC/TN aren't under blizzard warnings.

Here is a nice webcam from UVA at Wise:

https://www.mcs.uvawise.edu/webcam

Current 850 temps are down to -3C:

post-6441-0-88538400-1351544285_thumb.gi

lol just found a radio station in Brisbane Australia is going to interview me about the storm. My boss set it up. I have no idea what I am going to say.

Criky!!!!!!

Make sure you speak as southern as possible. Don't crush the dreams that Australians have of Southern folks that Honey Boo Boo has put in their minds.

lol just found a radio station in Brisbane Australia is going to interview me about the storm. My boss set it up. I have no idea what I am going to say.

A little random for you to hear him tell you that i bet but that's awesome! Good think you renewed your SV subscription.

A little random for you to hear him tell you that i bet but that's awesome! Good think you renewed your SV subscription.

MODS if this off topic feel free to move it......They don't want an expert just someone to explain the overall mood of Americans on the east coast and this storm. The problem is there are so many moods probably being associated with it.

Not sure how it will work out at your location, but some dynamic cooling should take place when snow rates really crank up.

I'm starting to get skeptical about acculumations here in the lower elevations. The temp here currently is 39 with a dewpoint of 37, so not much room for evaporational cooling. Hopefully when better moisture gets here and the sun goes down that this light rain can turn to snow as the rates increase(dynamical cooling?) Wise county is now under a blizzard warning and I don't know why all of the mountain counties in NC/TN aren't under blizzard warnings.

Here is a nice webcam from UVA at Wise:

https://www.mcs.uvawise.edu/webcam

Current 850 temps are down to -3C:

Archived