CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Wake Me Up When September Ends / Banter thread

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know you all are going to be just as excited as I am about this, but for the first time in a LONG time, we are seeing NW flow upslope showers!

Temps never did fall off because of the clouds, and its currently 52F at 800ft and 50F at 1,500ft. This happens often in the fall if we have NW flow... like later in the season I'll be expecting a hard freeze and 30F and I'll wake up to 37F spitting graupel or something.

Upslope showers have been very light, just enough to wet the pavement and 0.05" of QPF overnight... however, in December this is 2" of our 40:1 fluff on the car. Nice NW-flow signature on radar with the heaviest and steadiest showers hugging Mansfield over the county line just to the west, then spilling over into town.

Looks like Powderfreak is making it his best day ever. :)

Waking up to that made my day... its the little things in life I guess. To me, *that* is a sign of the seasons changing. We don't get this in the warm season. H85 temps dropping to 1-3C will do it...it must be the same for those guys in the lake effect regions to finally see those first lake effect showers. Its a nuisance to everyone else, but to a weather watcher it signals a change haha.

Oh well, time to go freeze in the rain at 4K feet where its 41F and 25G30 out of the NW.

Unbelievable outside...needed a sweatshirt for the first time....its a very welcome feel..bdr in the 50's? Wow impressive....how low can we go tonight?

BDR probably touched 59 briefly like me which I believe would be right on average. A lot of the metro stations had pretty similar lows within a degree or so of 60. This area stays warm at night, so I'll be happy if we can get to 54 or 55 tonight. Seems so much easier to pop a +10 on the low while we struggle just to get to -5.

BDR probably touched 59 briefly like me which I believe would be right on average. A lot of the metro stations had pretty similar lows within a degree or so of 60. This area stays warm at night, so I'll be happy if we can get to 54 or 55 tonight. Seems so much easier to pop a +10 on the low while we struggle just to get to -5.

Yes BDR hit 59 for a low last night...avg is 61...i say impressive because you said you were still in 70's last night around 830...yesterday was +2 at bdr.....avg high is 76......with a record low yesterday of 48 in 1986...

first morning i smelt smoke from someones wood stove the best time of year is here.. I had something dig up a bunch of my yard last night with tiny holes im guessing it was a skunk ugh that was the only not so good part about today..

skunk looking for grubs

Down to 4.2 joe...chipping away at it

Why are you so obsessed with Bridgeport, seriously? You call a low of 59 remarkable? really, its about as remarkable as the sun rising tomorrow morning. Every single one of your posts here on the weather side in this thread have been about bdr or the jets, directed at me, passive aggressive trolling. I mean seriously its strange, heck if you REALLY do love Bridgeport that much come on up! Chipping away, I guess you did not see the forecast for mid to late week Tim. But you go ahead and keep on doing what you do best, have a good one.

Archived