• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wake Me Up When September Ends / Banter thread

Damage In Tolland

Well folks...another TORCH summer has come and gone. It was an unbearable summer for most of the country..and as the calendar changes tonight from August to September, we are slowly moving away from the hot/warm season. You'll no longer see me wishing for high dews and heat. T-storm season is over..even though Wiz will find 4-5 low topped squall lines to discuss over the next 45 days or so.

September to me is a time for change, reflection and boredom. It's a terrible wx month if you are looking for excitement which most of us are. Days and days of sun and 75-80/50 are not my idea of fun. Come Sept 22nd..the first day of fall..I will have made the full transformation into cold wx season. October should be cool to chilly, not an endless summer..We want seasons to perform as seasons. If we get lucky ,, maybe we see our first snowfall by then.

So in the meantime..let's all hope and pray,,yes even join hands..that Leslie finds her way into SNE .

If not...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well folks...another TORCH summer has come and gone. It was an unbearable summer for most of the country..and as the calendar changes tonight from August to September, we are slowly moving away from the hot/warm season. You'll no longer see me wishing for high dews and heat. T-storm season is over..even though Wiz will find 4-5 low topped squall lines to discuss over the next 45 days or so.

September to me is a time for change, reflection and boredom. It's a terrible wx month if you are looking for excitement which most of us are. Days and days of sun and 75-80/50 are not my idea of fun. Come Sept 22nd..the first day of fall..I will have made the full transformation into cold wx season. October should be cool to chilly, not an endless summer..We want seasons to perform as seasons. If we get lucky ,, maybe we see our first snowfall by then.

LOL...you want seasons to perform as seasons but yet hope it snows in October. I think what you want is just a warm and cold season. In the spring you always want it to torch come April but that's not spring as usual in New England.

You should change your MO to you just want to skip the highs in the 50-75F range periods of the year. It should either be 80+ and humid or under 40 and snowing. You really don't want the high of 60-70F under partly sunny skies that we get in the transition seasons.

Every 50+ day this winter will be nothing but sunshine icons and references to frisbees and men with sleaves rolled up...hanging out the window.

LOL...don't forget the high dews behind the warm front in a nice January Sou'Easter. When it's 62/60 at 11pm in January we can say congrats, at least you don't need a sweatshirt at night.

Looking forward to a 4 week snow blitz book ended my warmth. Hopefully ski country cashes in this year.

We usually do alright...even in a winter like last year we had almost 3 months of solid snow cover. I hope it's better than last year though, and hope areas outside the upslope zone can cash in too.

I know what you mean though...getting only 220" of snow at the summit is very bleak, I'd cash in just a normal 317" if I could.

We usually do alright...even in a winter like last year we had almost 3 months of solid snow cover. I hope it's better than last year though, and hope areas outside the upslope zone can cash in too.

I know what you mean though...getting only 220" of snow at the summit is very bleak, I'd cash in just a normal 317" if I could.

Tough year for areas outside upslope regions. In a perfect world it would start snowing dec 15 and never stop until jan 15, then melt and spring would arrive.

Tough year for areas outside upslope regions. In a perfect world it would start snowing dec 15 and never stop until jan 15, then melt and spring would arrive.

Whaaaaaat? Make that Nov 15 till Apr 15 ;)

In all honesty Joe, I think you have a good winter relative to normal. My gut call is that the coastal plain of SNE ends up the "departure from average" winner this season.

If this isn't a perfect and textbook average Labor Day Weekend I don't know what is....mid 70s and sun all three days, with nights in the 40s. Wow...LL sun icon weather.

Zone Forecast: Lamoille County, VT

Saturday

Sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Saturday Night

Clear. Patchy dense fog after midnight. Lows in the mid 40s. Light and variable winds.

Sunday

Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. Light and variable winds.

Sunday Night

Mostly clear. Patchy dense fog. Lows in the upper 40s. Light and variable winds.

Labor Day

Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s.

Whaaaaaat? Make that Nov 15 till Apr 15 ;)

In all honesty Joe, I think you have a good winter relative to normal. My gut call is that the coastal plain of SNE ends up the "departure from average" winner this season.

You just never know. 10'11 was insanity, 11-12 was pathetic. Just sit back and enjoy the ride!

Agreed. Probably my least favorite month for tracking weather. August is pretty bad too though.

At least September is closer to winter than August...The only thing I enjoy in September is tracking the first frosts. It's not exciting but it's one of those things on the checklist for countdown to winter.

Archived