joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wake Me Up When September Ends / Banter thread

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah September has really nice weather for the most part...but I'm just talking about how exciting the month is to track weather. Its horrifically boring to track it...but plenty nice to be outside in it.

April is often the opposite...it can have some exciting storms to track (even if rainstorm), but the weather a lot of the month is crappy for being outside.

Give you and others the time to devleop your winter outlooks.....fingers-crossed on some good reads!

I love September and those first cold shots that dip you into the 30s or below freezing in the morning. It's a nice change of pace from days and days of 75-85/55-65.

Totally agree with this. Hoping to get a bug-killing freeze.

Congrats on the tags--even if it was achieved years ago. :)

OT (in a banter thread).....these cows are killing me! I have chased them off no less than 10 times in the last 3 days (including today). Watching tv at 10:00p.m. last night, I thought I heard a bear. So, I grabbed my flashlight to chase it off. It was the same three f'n rogue cows standing around my wood pile. What are they doing there???!!!! I chase them off, they're knocking stacked logs as the kick up their feet. Ugh....!

Man driving to work this morning I only had to go about a mile up the road (and only like 100 vertical feet) to blast out of the dense fog into just crystal clear air. Wow is visibility good this morning compared to yesterday.

Every single hotel and lodge parking lots looked packed to the max this morning and we couldn't get a better weekend for the tourists...they'll eat this right up, with sunshine all three days and highs in the 70s and lows in the 40s.

I keep trying to write sunsational but my phone wants to auto change it to sensational. Oh well.

A couple of things to note as we enter the month with the fastest rate of solar decrease:

between now and the end of the month, we'll

• lose an hour and 21 minutes of daylight
  • 11* of sun-angle.
  • today's sun is comparable to that of April 9
  • end of month, we'll have sun strenght equal to that of March 12

Daily average highs will drop from

• Boston-- 76.8 to 67.6
  • Bradley--79.0 to 69.3
  • Hyannis- 74.6 to 66.4
  • Prov. 77.7 to 68.6
  • ORH - 73.5 to 64.2

Drumbeats are growing louder.

Three years late, but cheers on the tag. ;)

I suppose that's true for SNE, but CON averages their first 32F in late September. I did say 30s though and that's common for most. Heck I had a low of 39F in August 2007.

Yeah, some time during the second half of September is when we normally see our first <32 morn with light frost. Soon enough!

Congrats...sooner or later persistence forecasting won't work but ride it as long as possible until proven otherwise.

Nah, got all three sites combined within 1 degree in July, each month is different.

For Instance going with a much below normal October this year, to me it looks frigid.

A couple of things to note as we enter the month with the fastest rate of solar decrease:

between now and the end of the month, we'll

• lose an hour and 21 minutes of daylight
  • 11* of sun-angle.
  • today's sun is comparable to that of April 9
  • end of month, we'll have sun strenght equal to that of March 12

Daily average highs will drop from

• Boston-- 76.8 to 67.6
  • Bradley--79.0 to 69.3
  • Hyannis- 74.6 to 66.4
  • Prov. 77.7 to 68.6
  • ORH - 73.5 to 64.2

Drumbeats are growing louder.

Had a second stove installed yesterday. Probably will be 85% wood heated this year at KPIT.

Sounds like you are going to be de-foresting the Berkshires, Mike. Watch out you'll change your chilly micro-climate and make yourself susceptible to flash floods, too! ;-)

Well he missed Jun-Jul up here.

Nice try, I got within one degree for all three sites in July and absolutely blew away the competition, check it out for yourself scootie.. Might have been the first time its ever been done, you should play in the contest, you are a pro after all.

Archived