joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wake Me Up When September Ends / Banter thread

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, got all three sites combined within 1 degree in July, each month is different.

For Instance going with a much below normal October this year, to me it looks frigid.

What's your call for September?

I think second half is chilly relative to normal and then we torch in October. I just have this feeling October will be deathly boring and mild/dry.

What's your call for September?

I think second half is chilly relative to normal and then we torch in October. I just have this feeling October will be deathly boring and mild/dry.

Actually went very warm for bos +3.8, overnight mins shall do there dirty work. Lots of humidity around, have to factor in everything when considering temps

Just back from four days up in Quebec and glad to have missed yesterday's mini heatwave. Sweatshirt wx up there at times, although on Thursday they did get to 75.

Drove into the USA at the northern crossing of NH yesterday and down through the Connecticut Lakes on route 3. It was ovc, breezy and very cool up there, broke into the sunny warmer air by White River Junction/Lebanon, but it was late in the day and had cooled off to the mid 70's by the time I got home at 8:30 PM. I see ALB did hit 89...nasty.

Nice out (40's) where I was near the 48th parallel:

L'Étape

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/trends_table/pages/wpd_imperial_e.html

Sounds like you'll be de-foresting the Berkshires there Mike. I can see flash floods becoming an issue. ;-)

LOL. Not quite. But, I do have about 6 cords ready to go for the upcoming winter and 3 cords cut/split (not yet stacked) for the following winter. Then, I have these out back that I need to tackle this fall.

Yeah when you build a house in the middle of nowhere..you do it for a reason to enjoy it....not to deforest the environment

Between him cutting trees down so he can see more hills as he drinks his morning coffee, and Pete leveling hilltops so he can build these new age McMansions....a travesty is occurring in God's Country.

Just back from four days up in Quebec and glad to have missed yesterday's mini heatwave. Sweatshirt wx up there at times, although on Thursday they did get to 75.

Drove into the USA at the northern crossing of NH yesterday and down through the Connecticut Lakes on route 3. It was ovc, breezy and very cool up there, broke into the sunny warmer air by White River Junction/Lebanon, but it was late in the day and had cooled off to the mid 70's by the time I got home at 8:30 PM. I see ALB did hit 89...nasty.

Nice out (40's) where I was near the 48th parallel:

L'Étape

http://www.weatherof...imperial_e.html

Hope you had fun, Rick. Were you in Quebec City? I love it there.

I am surprised you will burn that much with a stove, Mike.

Well, if you figure it's going 24/7 from about mid-October through mid-April, you've got 6 months there. Plus, now the second stove.

I don't get MPM's issues with his land. Is he some medieval Lord? Perhaps some serfs are need to tend the land.

What issues? lol

Yeah when you build a house in the middle of nowhere..you do it for a reason to enjoy it....not to deforest the environment

1) I didn't build the house--that was done in 1799.

2) this is not all 'forested'. Much of GC is pasture (hence my cow issue). What kills me is that I have a 12-acre haying field with plenty of tall grass for the damn things to eat. Yet, they insist on eating my lawn and ruining my apple trees instead.

3) I am using the entirey of the trees I cut down. Anything more than 5" in diameter is cut/split for heat. Anytihng smaller I chip into megapiles of mulch for trees.

4) there's plenty of trees remaining.

Archived