Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Wake Me Up When September Ends / Banter thread

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are definitely some stations out there sending bad data from CWOP. I see the MADIS numbers and sometimes I just shake my head at some of the crap getting sent. On windy stretches in the winter I try to calibrate my RH to what MADIS thinks it should be. Too many people get a home station and just throw it out there without QC'ing their data or performing any maintenance. The sensor drift is much worse with the lower end home stations vs a Davis. I believe Davis will refurbish an entire station for only $100 so it isn't a bad investment if you're really into the hobby.

Yup. After mine was fried by lightning last year, they provided new circuitry, new anamometer, recal for $100.

Color me a skeptic, not impressed.

Hi.

Give me QPF or give me death

Temps will take care of themselves

I have nothing to add to that.

Looks like a nice day awaiting to unfold. I'm liking the forecasted 68* high on my p/c.

If you raise SST by 1C, the effect on our larger storms was to actually enhance coastal fronts and deformation zones...even make the CF tighter and closer to the coast. At least as modeled by the MM5.

That doesn't surprise me at all.

BTW with low 70s for dews it will be swampy but we'll see a lot of rain I think. Heavy rain at 74/71 mitigates swamp factor.

That doesn't surprise me at all.

BTW with low 70s for dews it will be swampy but we'll see a lot of rain I think. Heavy rain at 74/71 mitigates swamp factor.

It does?

I think it makes it feel worse..There's no air movement..Just stagnant, stale, boxers stuck to inside of cracks type wx..and everything inside the house is wet

I'd like to get a webcam to link up with my Wunderground page. I don't know anything about these. Are these things that can be mounted outside and transmit wirelessly? Do they need an external power source? I'd love to get something completely wireless like the Davis....

I looked into these about a years ago and power is the problem. As far as I know, there is no commercial Wifi/solar Webcam out there. You could build one with a solar panel, battery, inverter, etc. yourself if you're willing.

I wanted something so I could see if it was raining or snowing back home on those days I had to work in Springfield. I hooked up a wireless Webcam that I could remotely access an it works well. It's on a window sill pointing out. I'm now looking at the Dropcams because they seem pretty straight forward and are HD.

That all being said, I have no idea what Wunderground needs for a feed or whether they could use them. I'll see what I can find and report back.

I looked into these about a years ago and power is the problem. As far as I know, there is no commercial Wifi/solar Webcam out there. You could build one with a solar panel, battery, inverter, etc. yourself if you're willing.

I wanted something so I could see if it was raining or snowing back home on those days I had to work in Springfield. I hooked up a wireless Webcam that I could remotely access an it works well. It's on a window sill pointing out. I'm now looking at the Dropcams because they seem pretty straight forward and are HD.

That all being said, I have no idea what Wunderground needs for a feed or whether they could use them. I'll see what I can find and report back.

LOL about me building one--that's not going to happen. :)

I suspected I might need to resort to a window, especially since we have no exterior outlets (yet, in any case).. Hopefully, I'll be able to find one that can link directly into my router so I won't need my computer on. I imagine that's available. Next problem would be finding a window that has appropriate view and necessary proximity to the router.

THanks!

Archived