joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wake Me Up When September Ends / Banter thread

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

April is my worst..By a lot. I hate that month with a passion. Usually terrible wx unless it's like the last 3 yrs when it's summer.

September is 2nd worst though.

In April, there is still a legit chance at an exciting snow event...September offers almost nothing exciting wx-wise except the once every 20+ years hurricane threat.

May can be pretty crappy too, though late May often starts giving us some severe threats.

In April, there is still a legit chance at an exciting snow event...September offers almost nothing exciting wx-wise except the once every 20+ years hurricane threat.

May can be pretty crappy too, though late May often starts giving us some severe threats.

Yeah April can be horrible wx wise, but also offers some cool storms sometimes. September is just plain old boring...but at least temps are usually pleasant.

Yeah April can be horrible wx wise, but also offers some cool storms sometimes. September is just plain old boring...but at least temps are usually pleasant.

Yeah September has really nice weather for the most part...but I'm just talking about how exciting the month is to track weather. Its horrifically boring to track it...but plenty nice to be outside in it.

April is often the opposite...it can have some exciting storms to track (even if rainstorm), but the weather a lot of the month is crappy for being outside.

I love September and those first cold shots that dip you into the 30s or below freezing in the morning. It's a nice change of pace from days and days of 75-85/55-65.

Brian, wow dude! Seems like yesterday you started. Best part of this place has been seeing a lot of folks getting their degrees. From Ryan, Eddie, Jake, Quincy, Mike ,many others and now you, the dendritical denison of delight! Congrats on being the very first Met Admin in our long history. What's great is underneath it all you are still a :weenie:

lol...thanks guys. I actually graduated in 2009 though, but we never had an admin/met group so I never pushed for it. Mr. Bob kept his regular admin tag for years and I figured I would too. When I made the "how to get a met/forecaster tag" thread in the help forum I got the itch and Scott set it up. Ian got his admin/forecaster tag as well.

Those don't happen very often..usually for most it's October in this new era we live in

Never happens down this way. First freeze is still 2 1/2 months away for us down here in the metro-NYC area, though obviously it happens much earlier in the rest of the state. Even our cold spot, Norfolk, has an average first freeze date in the first week of October, though it looks like Mansfield Hollow's first freeze averages Oct 1, and Falls Village averages Sept 27. This time of year I'm happy just to break 60 at night.

lol...thanks guys. I actually graduated in 2009 though, but we never had an admin/met group so I never pushed for it. Mr. Bob kept his regular admin tag for years and I figured I would too. When I made the "how to get a met/forecaster tag" thread in the help forum I got the itch and Scott set it up. Ian got his admin/forecaster tag as well.

Oh I thought you got your Graduate degree and were now the Doctor of Dendrites. Ian's another one, his interview with Josh in the Washington Post was top notch. Not bad for the original Debbie Downer. He would get 14-16 in Goshen and complain about the drifts, ha.

Archived